Followers

Friday 5 March 2021

John Next Door - Deco Butterflies Day 1

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? We have been okay. One sad thing is that our coffee machine has had to go back to be repaired. It is strange being without it. We bought if right at the beginning of lockdown and there isn't a day when it hasn't been used. I am missing my coffee. Oh well there are obviously bigger problems. Hopefully we will get it back soon. 

As you know I am one of John Next Door's Angels. I always wanted to be an Angel. On Saturday there is a release of the the Deco Butterfly dies. Here are two of my makes that feature the larger butterfly set. 


The new dies are the big butterfly and the Dream. I used lots of John Next Door older dies to make this card. The background behind the lattice is inky kitchen roll stuck onto card. 


Isn't that butterfly magnificent. I did a little paper piecing you really could do a lot more.  


I used the Tatty Daisy die for the flower the centres were made with the Cornflower die set. I did ink the middle of the daisies before adding the stamen die cuts and a pearl. 


I do love these sentiments. This one was cut twice to give a drop shadow. 


I don't make many things like this but the butterflies look lovely on a wall plaque. I made the background myself with inks and then I stamped over the top of the ink when it was dry. 


Those butterflies are glorious. 


Here is one last look at the card. I will be back tomorrow with some more makes. If you are on Facebook there is a group called Crafting with John Next Door and Crafts-Too. It is a private group so you have to ask to join. All the makes from John and the other Angels will be there. All the Facebook lives happen there as well. Click HERE to visit the page. 

Have a good weekend. 

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful creations Jackie, love the butterflies they are so pretty.
Hope your machine is soon fixed, morning coffee was always the best start to a day.xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful creations, love the card. Hope you get your machine back soon. Hugs Anesha

tilly said...

two beautiful cards, the butterfly is a really nice die and I love the daisies xx

Alison59 said...

Gorgeous work Jackie :-)

ALI said...

Lovely cards Jackie!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Gorgeous cards, those dies are so delicate and pretty. Take care Michelle x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
such a very beautiful makes and such colourful designs too.
Love those Butterflies and your backgrounds look brilliant.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeous Jackie
Gr Karin