Followers

Monday 29 March 2021

Yellow Roses of Friendship

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? The weather was nice for our walk on Saturday. Today we are meeting friends at Mottisfont a National Trust property with a lovely garden near where we live. Later in the week we are meeting with our daughter and son-in-law and having a walk with them and their dog. It is going to be a busy week. 

I have been using the  Clarity Stamp Fresh Cut die the Art Nouveau Eden Roses Aperture die again. 


I do love the Claritystamp Designer papers. They do seem to work very well with the dies. 


This die is gorgeous. It cuts into the card so you can make the frame any size you want. I put some a double sided sticky sheet onto some Designer paper. The black die cut was attached. Then I cu the die a few more times so I could paper piece the design. The remaining sticky was covered with Microbeads. I feel they add to the stained glass look of the card. 


Here are some of the blooms on our Magnolia tree which is out now in all its glory. 


This is the whole tree. We have lived in our house for over twenty years. This year we found out that you can eat the petals. Who knew? To be honest we haven't tried. 


I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a good week. Stay safe and take care. 

Happy crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Janette said...

Morning Jackie, I love your card, it really does look like stained glass panels, beautiful.
That tree is amazing, stunning and you already know I had no idea you could eat the flowers, but why would you they are so beautiful to look at :} Enjoy your days out.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Jackie your card is sheer beauty as are the Magnolia flowers, just stunning. xx

Jane Willis said...

What a gorgeous card. I bought this die a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet, I feel inspired now.

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card Jackie; I do love those dies:-) and WOW your Magnolia is stunning!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card and gorgeous photo Jackie

Gr Karin

karin said...

I love that die cut on your card Jackie.
OMG! Such a lovely Magnolia tree full with flowers. We have a yellow
Magnolia, but it always start with the flowers much later as the pink ones and it isn't such a tall tree.
Karin
Xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie....Pretty card...love the image....and what a beautiful Magnolia...Spring is on its way....Joolsx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous floral card today. Love the stained glass looking window pane

cuilliesocks said...

This is a beautiful card Jackie, I love the roses and your design, pretty colours too.
What a magnificent magnolia tree, blooming beautifully, no I didn't know you could eat the leaves, live and learn, Kate x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card. Hugs Anesha

Donna Ellis said...

What a gorgeously put together card, Jackie! Your inlay process is something I greatly admire! We have the same magnolia tree in our yard, but it is no where near as large as your beauty! Because we have several magnolia varieties in our area of central Florida, this tree is known as The Tulip Tree because the blooms look like tulips before opening all the way, and we cannot grow tulips here - so I suppose you could say we make do with what we have! LOL Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Donna Ellis said...

I'm going to try again - for some reason, your blog would not accept my comment (how sad LOL) Your inlay process in this gorgeous card is so admirable, Jackie! Being able to piece all those colors together in such a magnificent way is something I enjoy seeing on other blogs, because it's beyond my abilities! LOVE IT! We have the same magnolia tree in our yard here in Central Florida. However, it is no where NEAR the size of your beauty! Because central FL has a variety of magnolias, we commonly know this tree as a Tulip Tree because the blooms resemble tulips until they are full opened. It's lovely, Jackie, and so is your card! thanks for sharing. hugs, de

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie. The magnolia tree is stunning! xoxo

Shabneez said...

Such a pretty card Jackie and I love the magnolia! Shabneez x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just stunning hun, love the soft colours you have used
I'm so glad we can start walking away from home again now, means we can meet up with our eldest daughter who we haven't seen since September!!! Roll on Sunday I say when we meet up with Christmas & Birthday presents lol!

Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really nicely done card...using one of my favorite techniues...Paper piecing... The pics are fabulous too! Thanks for sharing!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful cards, I do love this design and love magnolias too. Take care. Michelle x