Followers

Monday 18 February 2019

First Play with Fresh Cut dies from Claritystamps

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you had a great weekend. My shoulder finally seems to be on the mend which is brilliant. I don't want to over do things as I don't want to hurt it again, which I think would be far too easy.

I have a lovely crafty friend who lives near by. Recently she has been poorly and for one reason or another we have not seen each other since  just before Christmas. Last week I went round to her house for lunch.  Being a big Claritystamp fan and she has many of their products. Very kindly she let me have a play with some  and bring away what I had made. When I got home I decorated a card and a canvas.


For the card I picked up the colours for the mats and layers from the paper I had used from the gorgeous Shenandoah paper pad. 


This is the  Birds in a Tree Aperture die. I found some paper in made stash that I thought would make a good background. I cut a piece to go under the die cut and I covered it with a double sided sticky sheet. Then I covered it with a translucent glitter. 


 My plan had been to make the canvas all inky and try to match the beautiful papers. When I made the card I decided that I rather liked the clean and simple look. 


This is the centre panel of the canvas and this is what we actually made first. The die cut for the card was carefully removed from the die leaving the waste in place. The die was covered with a sticky sheet and it was rubbed all over to make sure the bits stuck. The sticky sheet was removed slowly so you could make sure all the bits were attached. Once it was fully removed the  whole thing was dusted with talcum powder to stop in being sticky. It was then stuck to a small canvas board. It did look rather like a coaster. Isn't it just amazing that you can do this with the waste. 


Here are my two makes together. I think I am going to have to gift them to someone as a set. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Have a great week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Both very striking and lovely so glad to read your shoulder is on the mend take it easy.

Janette said...

Beautiful card Jackie, glad you enjoyed a visit with your friend and that your shoulder is on the mend also...enjoy your day.xx

jane stillman said...

Two lovely projects, so glad your shoulder is getting better

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous projects Jackie. You are very patient with such a fiddly job - but well worth the effort. Hugs Christine x

Wendy L said...

They look fab Jackie, as you know I am a Clarity fan, xxx

Rose Andrew said...

Absolutely Gorgeous love them both ♥️
Have a lovely day !
Rose

Monica C. said...

Beautiful projects! That is a beautiful die!
Hugs
Monica

Gwyneth said...

Gorgeous creations Jackie.
GG

Priya said...

Both the cards are amazing.
Thanks for joining us
DT The Creative Crafters

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lovely creations, so happy to hear your shoulder is on the mend, Hazelxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are stunning Jackie, love this die too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Beautiful cards Jackie. Love the positive and negative effect created.
Laine
x

Littlelamb said...

These are beautiful Jackie. Glad you hear that your shoulder is improving and you managed to your crafty friend. Would that be the friend I know?

karenlotty said...

Both projects are lovely I love the Clarity paper cut dies but not bought any ....yet!
Glad to hear the shoulder is improving

Mrs A. said...

Both lovely and compliment each other perfectly. glad to hear your shoulder is on the mend. I overdid it yesterday making 6 cards in a hurry and certainly know about it today. Will have to rest up again. Hugs Mrs A.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning die cuts today. Wow

Nataliascraft said...

Two gorgeous projects Jackie. I'm glad your shoulder is better xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are gorgeous, Jackie xoxo

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
We had fun didn't we, the finished projects are lovely aren't they. What mischief will we get up to this week! Good to hear your shoulder is more comfortable.
Love Diane xx

ALI said...

Lovely Jackie, I do like the idea of the positive and negative x

Shabneez said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie - I;m so pleased to read your shoulder is better. Shabneez x

Janice said...

Two gorgeous cards Jackie.
Janice x

Janet Packer said...

These are fabulous Jackie, I love these trees. I’m inspired to try this out myself.

Wendy L said...

They both look fab Jackie. Clarity dies do cut well. Xxx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations Jackie, love the designs! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x