Followers

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Another Christmas Design using Snippets

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? It is half term round here so everything is a bit busier than usual. But is does mean that I can meet up with some of my working friends. Today I am off for another craft session with my lovely friend and one of our friends that works will be  joining us. We are going to be making flowers. Tomorrow my husband and I are meeting friends in town of a meal and then we are all going to visit the Festival of Light in Southampton. We also have a trip to London to plan with them.

I have been making Christmas cards again. This year I kept back a couple of handmade cards that I liked for inspiration. This is another one of the designs I wanted to have a go at.


The background is made from Snippets of patterned paper cut with the Stitched flags dies from Creative Expressions. There is a layer of inked patterned paper underneath the design., 


This is the Noel word die from Lil' Inker Designs, I was so lucky that I won this in the Christmas competition at Pixie's Snippets Playground. 


Because of the antlers on the Noel die I decided to add a Stag cut from a small piece of Kraft card he was inked with Distress ink. He comes from the Winter Wonderland Collection from Sizzix. I am so glad I bought that die set last year. The shop where I bought this die set had another 20% off day recently and I treated myself to another Sizzix die set. I am sure I will be using this soon. 


I am pleased with how this card turned out. I did make two other cards like this at the same time. This is the one I like the most. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Great Christmas card Jackie. Sounds as if you have a very busy week ahead of you. Enjoy and have fun. Christine x

Janette said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jackie, love the deer, he looks stunning.
You have such a busy life, enjoy yourself.xx

Alizabethy said...

Love the effect of all those papers together!

jane stillman said...

A great Christmas card. Enjoy your time off

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card Jackie, when I saw that Noel die, I thought I know that one,. And it was a snippety prize. Love how you added the other deer🦌 too on the edge, clever banner snippets too.
Hugs Shaz in Oz. X

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
well you do have some wonderful social life.
I love this super gorgeous design.
It looks so amazing and lovely.
Brilliant use of Snippets the stitched flags, and super design papers too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Gwyneth said...

Another lively make Jackie. Haven't started Christmas cards yet this year. Got so many other bits on the go so I think I'll leave it till mid year, but I do admire those who get a realy early start.
GG

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, love the layout and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Love the banner background you created on this beautiful Christmas card!!

pam said...

Wonderful Christmas card Jackie, love the layout and papers used.
Hugs Pam x

Chris said...

Fabulous card, love the background banners, great use of your snippets and it looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

Littlelamb said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Sounds as if you are having a busy and enjoyable time. Perhaps I will see you on Saturday. Take care

ALI said...

Lovely card Jackie with a nice design x

Shabneez said...

Love this design Jackie - hope you have a wonderful week meeting up with friends. Shabneez x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and I think the 2 dies compliment each other perfectly, xxx

Janice said...

Great card Jackie, love the NOEL die!
Janice x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie. I love the colors xoxo

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jackie, love the way you used your patterned papers for background xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant Jackie...what a great use of off cuts....Joolsx

Tracy Welham said...

Great design Jackie. Have a lovely weekend. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Di said...

Hi Jackie!

Oh WOW, and double WOW! I adore this card and how you not only used all those lovely snippets but also paired you Playground prize perfectly with the full stag. Love the colours as well - brilliant, just brilliant!

Hugs

Di xx

Kathy said...

Great Christmas card, Jackie. Love all the beautiful patterned papers you've used

BrendaB said...

I love the flags in the background - perfect setting for the diecut sentiment and deer! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenges

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous die cuts in this card today Jackie

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card, great image and sentiment, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

sweet art designs said...

Love the layering. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the use of snippets!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Jackie C said...

Great job here! This has come together beautifully!
Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI