Followers

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Woodware Tatty Daises and Distress Oxides.

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I am glad the snow has gone. In fact our snow had disappeared by Friday evening. On Sunday we got to meet our four month old great niece. She is a little sweetie and we did get a few cuddles. It is so nice to have a baby in the family.

Sometime ago I made a panel using Distress Oxides and the Tatty Daisies stamp from Woodware. It has been lying around on my craft desk for ages. I have finally made it into a card. It is amazing what you find when you have a tidy up.


I know the background is made with blended Distress Oxides that was then flicked with water to make the spots. 


I can't remember if I stamped and embossed before I added the Distress Oxides to the paper or after. I did use water to remove some of the colour from the flowers and then I painted them with Pixie Powers made into a paint with water. 


The sentiment came from one of my sets of images from Beccy's Place. I had printed it and die cut it some time ago. 


This will be a nice flat card for posting. I really am trying not to make so many dimensional cards this year. The postage costs are prohibitive. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

30 comments:

jane stillman said...

A gorgeous card, great design

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie.
Hugs Pam x

Sylvia said...

Fabulous background and stamp used on the card, love it!

Sylv xx

Andree said...

A lovely card Jackie. The background and whimsical daisies are wonderful. Glad you got your baby cuddles xxx

Gwyneth said...

A beautiful card. Lovely colours.
GG

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the flowers look like Spring! Don't you just love the distress oxides? They are so much fun to work with!

Jan said...

This is lovely xx Jan

Sharon Smith said...

This is so pretty Jackie, love the delicate colors you have used

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jackie, I love the background you've created for the lovely flowers. xx

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful , Jackie! I’m in love with this size card, and would never have thought to use a stamp with an image this size using your wonderful techniques! Love it! XXOO

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

Lovely colours and I agree with regarding the postage costs xx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. Thank you for sharing it.

Janette said...

Morning Jackie, well I see my comment didn't publish, I really don't know why this is happening, anyway, your card is a beauty, I do love a long tall card as i call it, and the design and that image is gorgeous...x

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous Jackie, it looks like parchment. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Janet Packer said...

Georgeous Card and panel Jackie x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet, Jackie xoxo

Monica C. said...

This card is gorgeous, Jackie! I love the elegance of the flower and the simplicity of the card which accentuates the beautiful design to the fullest.
Hugs
Monica

Linda Simpson said...

A fabulous card Jackie, love the flowers and deep blue background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Judith said...

Lovely card Jackie, such a fab background and that flwer is so pretty hugs Judith x

Unknown said...

This is really stunning Jackie, such pretty flowers. I like the way you have managed to colour over the background and achieved such great colours. Cathy x

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful card ! Love the background effect !
Have a lovely day
Rose

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a pretty card Jackie and those flowers are beautiful!

ALI said...

Love it Jackie, great background. I love the daisies I haven't got that one...yet!

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
oh I love your wonderful background you have created and the daisies stamped flowers look so gorgeous.
Never thought of using pixie powders for painting with so thank you for the inspiration.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very gorgeous Jackie, love your colors

Shabneez said...

This is stunning Jackie - I love baby cuddles too! Shabneez x

Laine said...

Lovely colours and a fabulous background Jackie.
Laine
x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This card is lovely Jackie and great background

Kathy said...

Beautiful - I love the colours and the soft, dreamy look of the finished card

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the stamp.
Janice x