Followers

Thursday 14 February 2019

Moving Along with the Times (Moving Along with the Times) Challenge blog - theme A Little Shabby Chic

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? My shoulder has been playing up and I am finding it difficult to craft. Strangely I have more requests to make cards this week than for a long time.

Today the new challenge starts at the Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) Challenge blog and this time the theme is A Little Shabby Chic. Now this is not a style I usually embrace.


I had a set of beautiful papers and matching sentiments in my stash and I decided to used these to make a birthday card for a friend. I used scissors to rough the edges of the paper and Distress ink to add colour. The small piece of lace was in my stash. 


Why not come and join in with our challenge click on the logo and you will be taken there. 


I used the Sophia die set from Creative Expressions to cut the frame for the sentiment. 


I used the Passion Flower die set from Creative Expressions to make the flower and the leaves. 


Since I made this card I had a request for a 80th Birthday card. So I adapted this card to suit. I will have to make another one for my friend. I do think it is a good idea to make cards without sentiments and then to add them later when you know how they are going to be used. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Perfectly gorgeous. Such a lovely looking card.
GG

Donna Ellis said...

I often make my cards sentiment-less, Jackie, for that very reason! Or I use generic sentiments on the card front that can be used for a number of occasions. Your rose colored shabby creation is gorgeous! I love the monochrome flavor (one of my all time favorite techniques) and your distressed edges to the beautiful layers! The birthday recipient will be thrilled, and feel extra special! hugs, de

jane stillman said...

Fabulous layers and colours. Gorgeous lace, die cut and sentiment makes this a fabulous card

Monica C. said...

Your card is beautiful, Jackie! Shabby chic is way out of my zone too.
Hugs
Monica

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, thank you, xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful colours x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Jackie … just loving your little pink card … hope your shoulder is on the mend … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Jackie, love the papers and dies you have used on this card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a pretty card, love the shabby chic look. Hope your shoulder feels better soon, Thanks for dropping by my blog, Hazel xx

karenlotty said...

Very pretty I don’t do shabby chic either but you’ve cracked it!

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
well typical when you have a bad shoulder to have lots of cards to make.
I do hope it will soon be pain free for you.

Love this wonderful card and your shabby chic design.
Beautiful layering and super gorgeous lace.
Very pretty dies and paper used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Gorgeous card you created Jackie..love the beautiful design.
Hugs Pam x

Shabneez said...

A very pretty card Jackie. I do hope your shoulder heals fast. Great to hear you have so many commissions! Shabneez x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I live shabby chic and this is fab, great colours. Get better soon

ALI said...

Lovely card, those papers are gorgeous, I struggle with shabby chic x

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous, Jackie. Hope your shoulder improves soon xoxo

Christine Harrop said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. The colour is gorgeous and the lace is beautiful - a perfect match. Christine x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow stunning, vi love the due cuts and esp the lace

Littlelamb said...

Love the card Jackie. Sorry about your shoulder. Hope it’s better soon.

Janette said...

I don't know how I missed this post Jackie, so sorry, having abit of 'a time', you know what I mean, anyway, its so pretty, love the design too, I make lots of CAS but do love a few layers also.
Sorry to hear your shoulder is still causing trouble, take good care.xx

Katie said...

This is stunning

Jan said...

This is stunning xx Jan

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous colour and shabby chic design, so pretty.

Sylv XX

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Jackie, gorgeous colours & details. Hope your shoulder feels better soon. x

Kathy said...

This is absolutely delightful Jackie

Furrbster said...

Lovely colours, great layers and very shabby chic patterns too - lovely creation,

Hugz Tinz

Alizabethy said...

The lace makes a great finishing touch!

Janice said...

Such a pretty card, gorgeous colours.
Janice x