Followers

Thursday 18 July 2019

A 21st Birthday Card for a special Lad

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? Sometimes things get so hectic that it is hard to find time to blog. I am sure lots of you know what this is like.

A couple of weeks ago there was an appeal for 21st birthday cards for a lad who wasn't expected to live past the age of three. So I decided to make a card for this lad's very special birthday.


I have had a stack of foiled card in my stash for a while. It was nice to actually use some on a project. 


I had a piece of one of my inky backgrounds left over and I cut the Spellbinders hot air balloon to go over it. The bird dies came free with a magazine recently. 


This numbers are X-cut dies and them make quite a statement. 


I hope he liked his card. I did see some photos there were lots of cards and he looked very happy. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

Subiektywna said...

Beautiful :)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a lovely card today Jackie, beautiful die cuts

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Jackie, love the die.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

I bet he was happy it's a lovely card.

sandy's crafty bits said...

ah that's so very kind of you Jackie and I am sure he loved it … well done … hope you are well … thank you so much for visiting my blog … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Shabneez said...

What a lovely crd Jackie and so thoughtful. Shabneez x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie and so kind of you to send it.

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
oh that was so thoughtful of you.
I love your design the hot air balloon looks beautiful.
I too have those bits of card I believe they are Kanban.
I really like how you have used them for your background.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous personalized card Jackie and fab design x

Liz said...

A super personalised card, Jackie. xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.xxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card and I'm sure his family will treasure it xoxo

Darlene said...

This is just fabulous Jackie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Mynn xx said...

What a fabulous card! I love the blue with that amazing gold paper! I bet it was a hit! Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! I hope you join us again soon! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Gwyneth said...

Very thoughtful of you Jackie. Your card looks great.
GG

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

How kind Jackie to make the card for Samuel and what a trooper that young man is too

June x

Marg said...

OH Jackie, how special that lad is!! A lovely card that you sent him too and I love that hot air balloon.....
I too wish I had more time for blogging...
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
Marg xx ;)

Lori Kobular said...

What a great birthday card! That hot air balloon is wonderful!

sue t. said...

What a special card that clearly is for a special lad. Thanks for playing along at The Rainbow Card Challenge this month!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A lovely card and a lovely thing to do Jackie. Michelle x

Janice said...

Fabulous hot air balloon card, love how you’ve personalised it Jackie.
Janice x

Helen said...

Great card, Jackie - that background is perfect for the balloon.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Rainbow Card Challenge this time and good luck :)

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the hot air balloon!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts