Followers

Friday 20 March 2020

Honesty Heart Thank You Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How it everyone doing? What strange times we are living in. My husband is working from home. We have managed to buy all we need. There is a very large jigsaw on the go. I have been needle felting and card making. I also have lots of books to read. I am also trying to get out for a walk every day but of course not interacting with anyone.

Back in February when things were normal I went to a workshop with John Lockwood aka John Next Door. It was the day after the Farnborough Craft show (oh boy am I glad I bought all that glue). We stayed over night in a hotel where we spent most of the evening talking to the couple on the next table who were also there because of  the Craft Show. A bit later Dawn Bibby and her entourage came in and had a meal.

This is the card that I started at the workshop but finished at home.


I found a patterned paper in my stash. 


At the workshop we stamped the Blossom stamp then we used Izink Ice to colour the paper. The stamp still showed through. When this was dry the Blossom Die Plate was use to cut out the flowers. The flowers were shaped that is as far as I got. At home I put the flowers together and I added a gem. The Star Flower leaves were used to accent the flower. 


I also cut the Honesty Heart die I backed it with a pale colour and I gave the heart a black mat. The sentiment was cut with the Thank You die from the Sentiments 1 die set. All the dies I used are from the John Next Door range. 


There you have it. Not quite what we were meant to make but I like it. I always make something better when I have a chance to think about it. 

Stay safe and well

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Jackie, beautifully designed and coloured card, loving the colours you've chosen, keep safe, Kate x x

Janette said...

Beautiful card Jackie, it must be so nice to get to the shows and find like minded people, I depend on my online buddies, which I am so thankful for. When all this is over lets hope we can all get back to normal and enjoy the simple things in life again, stay safe.xx

Shabneez said...

Stunning card Jackie. Sending hugs, Shabneez x

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card Jackie. Keep safe. x

htondre@aol.com said...

Gorgeous die cuts, lovely card

Alison59 said...

gorgeous card Jackie :-)

tilly said...

a beautiful card and I love those flowers, sounds like a great time at the class and hotel ,stay well x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the layers and design. We are all stocked up now and I have plenty of crafting, knitting and books to read too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful design. Be safe xxx

Mrs A. said...

I love your card. I always bring my cards home from make it classes and finish in my own time. I find the pressure too much in a class and I don’t wan’t to make the same as everyone else has done anyway. Glad to hear that you have plenty to keep you occupied. Stay safe and keep on crafting. Hugs Mrs A.

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie.
Hugs Pam x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what a great card, I hope that alls well with you, Hazelxx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Love the colours and pretty design. xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous make hun, just love the colours you have used

Stay safe
hugs Shell xx

karenlotty said...

Great makes this week
I’m the same I like workshops but end up preferring to finish the project at home
I really like those Cherry Blossom images
Really tough times for all of us At least we have an absorbing hobby
My husband, like a lot of men, don’t have hobbies other than sports!
Stay safe everyone

ALI said...

Beautiful Jackie. Take care x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Another beautiful card Jackie and love those flowers, they look as if they have a shimmer to them, so pretty. Michelle x

Gwyneth said...

A lovely card Jackie. Sounds as if you had a great time at the craft event.
GG

Janice said...

Beautiful card Jackie.
Janice x