Followers

Friday 13 March 2020

Thinking of You in Mauve

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? On Tuesday I didn't have a good day. I had lots of phone calls to make about my parents. I also received a call from the Care Company to say that we owed too much money.  I had just paid an invoice. Lastly I heard that my uncle had died the night before. My poor cousin lost her mum recently as well. I decided the least I could do would be to make a card.


This is a design I have made before. There is always room for improvement. Plus there are usually new goodies to use. I decided on mauve for the card. I embossed white card and coloured it with a Distress. Yes I still have them and I still use them. 


This is a Spellbinder's cross. The set has proved very useful over the years. 


Finally I added the Ivy Spray dies from the John Next Door range. They are so easy to use and they go round an object beautifully. I kept them white as they showed up nicely against the background. 


This card went in the post on Wednesday my cousin should have received it by now. I know some people don't make this type of card. I like to, as it gives me time to think and reflect on the people involved. I have also used this design for ordination cards. 

Today I am helping at a Felting Workshop. Tomorrow I am at an  Arm Knitting workshop before we dash off to Aldershot to see my in-laws. I wonder how long it will be before we have to stop doing things. 

Have a great weekend

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

Janette said...

I hope your ok Jackie, you sound abit down, hard times, but I have always found crafting to be my helping hand, its gets me 'out of my own head' for a while.
This card is so beautiful, I love that Cross and I have been searching for one the last couple of weeks so maybe I can put a name on it now. I hope things get better for you Jackie, take care of you and have a nice weekend.xx

Alison59 said...

Jackie this is stunning :-)

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Those care companies can be a nightmare to deal with. Hope things settle down for you soon; Hugs xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card. Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

I'm so sorry to hear how things are going for you Jackie. It takes it out of you dealing with some 'care' companies

I love your card, the colour is beautiful

Hope it is a good weekend for you

June x

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card and so sorry to hear you have had a traumatic week with one thing and another. Take care and have a relaxing weekend if you can.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hope you managed to get all your calls done and got the issues resolved. This card is beautiful, I hate to make this sort of card but I do make them too, H xx

Littlelamb said...

Sorry to hear about your week Jackie. Hope things improve. Lovely sympathy card. I had to make one this week as well.

Gwyneth said...

A loss of a family member is always a sad time for all family and friends. Sympathy cards may be difficult, but I like what you said about using the time to reflect on the person. Such a lovely way to think about it. Your card is wonderful.
GG

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear things are a bit tough atm. I hope things improve for you soon

This is a lovely, thoughtful card

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Huge hugs and this card is just a lovely reflection

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie xoxo

Janice said...

Stunning card Jackie, perfect for the occasion. I hope things have improved for you a little.
Janice x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful card Jackie, very delicate, these cards are always difficult to make, take care Michelle x