Followers

Monday 6 April 2020

Feel Better Soon Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How are you all doing? Are you managing to get everything you need? We are fine we even did a bit of shopping last week for  two older couples who aren't going out . The delivery slots are so difficult to get. We have told them to get in touch if they need anything else. On a positive note I have managed to get Attendance Allowance for both of my parents. My mum gets the higher rate and my dad the lower. The payments were backdated to when I phoned up and asked for the forms. Every little helps.

I don't know if you are like me but I am finding it very difficult to craft at the moment. If I do manage to make something I am usually not very pleased with it.

A little while ago I made this little feel better card.


I seached through my scrap box and found this background made with Distress Oxides that I had never used.


The banner was cut from a scrap of white glitter card. Both the banner and the sentiment are Crafter's Companion dies. 


The splats/fireworks are the stamen from the Cornflower die from the John Next Door range. I have found that if you layer a 2½ wide strip across the middle of the die you get two small flowers and all the stamen. Because of this I had lots of stamen left over (I still have). I do like how they look on the card. 


Is anyone else doing Barbara Gray's SHAC-Shack? It is at 10:00 every week day on Facebook. You sketch along with Barbara for an hour. I have done all of them and I can't believe what I have doodled so far. I have learnt so many tips and techniques already. The films are on YouTube as well. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Stay safe and well.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Great looking card. Lovely way to use lityle bits of cardstock or leftover die cuts.
GG

Pat K said...

Beautiful, cheery card Jackie. Stay safe xx

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card Jackie, love the coloured splatters.
Sending hugs and stay safe xx

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful designed card for someone who is feeling under the weather. Stay safe my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and lovely card Jackie

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jackie, your card is gorgeous, love the design and lovely colours. We are our own worst critics though.
Well don in getting your parents Attendance Allowance, especially at this time when the all the Agencies are working under strength, hope it makes a difference, stay safe Kate x

Donna Ellis said...

How nice you were able to obtain assistance for your parents, Jackie, and that you can help neighbors. Very kindly and thoughtful of you! I understand about feeling a big "lost" creatively, but your card is lovely and full of live and happiness! Wishing you a day with happy surprises. hugs, de

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a great card and an inventive alternative way of using your dies. Brilliant.
I am struggling to craft too at the moment but keep trying. Not everything gets made into a card but at least I am keeping practising.
Take care
Lesley

Janette said...

This is just lovely Jackie, I am finding it hard to get down and finish things off and I don't know why, its all very odd isn't it. I am glad we have crafting, just wish I was doing more. Stay safe.x

Alison59 said...

Lovely card Jackie; I too am very fidgety!

Great news about the attendance allowance - well done on getting it. Stay well xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Adorable card, Jackie xoxo

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Very lovely card Jackie and good news getting financial help for your parents

June x

ALI said...

Lovely Jackie, I'm finding it helps me, it takes my mind off whats going on x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous make hun, love those splats

I'm the same hun, all this time to craft & just not wanting to or if I do, not liking the finished result.
Stay Safe sweet
Hugs Shell xx

Shabneez said...

You've a lot on your mind Jackie. Beautiful creation. I find crafting helps take my mind off my worries. Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Perfect for those who have the virus

scrappymo! said...

Great snippets card, Jackie. It sort of looks like the corona virus! Great idea...
Glad to hear you suceeded in the Allowance for your folks.

Di said...

What a great card Jackie - and such super use of loads of snippets as well. Hooray for you getting AA for your parents - and how kind to do shopping for others as well. Getting delivery slots is a nightmare - Mrs A actually sat up all one night and finally got one at 7am - only recently as well. We've been reasonably lucky so far, purely through Percy Veerance.

But what a party we'll have once this is over! Meanwhile - I bet there will be hooch of some sort behind the bike shed. SaRn thinks Parsnip doesn't know her hiding places :)

Stay safe.

Hugs

Di xx