Followers

Saturday 11 April 2020

Not Just Cards Challenge Blog - April Challenge - Anything Goes - New Home Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How are you getting on? We are fine. My hubby is now on leave. It has been strange today. We are still shopping for two older couples and I am checking up on an older lady who lives on her own. That is a well as trying to sort out the shopping for my parents. It is so hard to get those shopping slots.

The April challenge starts today at the Not Just Cards Challenge blog the theme is always Anything Goes. I made a card that I won't be needing for a while.


I do like to have New Home cards in my stash. In fact our Daughter and Son-in-Law are thinking of moving and were looking into this before the Corona Virus caught up with us all.  When I was shopping with a friend (remember when we used to be able to do that) and I spotted and had to have a huge roll of washi tape with houses on it. That is what I used to create the background for this card. 


Why not join in with our fun easy challenge. If you click on the logo you will taken there. 


I used the Heart of Hearts die set from Creative Expressions to make the big heart and its mat. The house die set came free with a magazine a while ago. The sentiment was cut with some Britannia dies. 


Well I did enjoy making this card and making a start on the huge roll of washi tape. 

On a personal note last year for my birthday I received a journalling bible. Well I hadn't touched the bible since I was given it. I did say that I have been following the doodling sessions run by Barbara Gray on Facebook. I have a lovely skill set of drawing skills that I can call on and  I used them to start my journal. I am going to start a page on my blog with my sketches. This really is something I never thought I would do. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Stay safe and well. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

This is brilliant love the colours and textures. Stay safe and Happy Easter

Alison59 said...

Super card Jackie :-)

Happy Easter xx

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, firstly I do love the card you have made, washi tape can be a very useful thing to have.
I hope you will share your journal with us just to give some idea, I haven't watched Barbara on FB once, I said I would but just didn't so it will be nice to see.
Its so good of you to help neighbours, shopping and trying to get it is ridiculous, I despair at times but fingers crossed I only missed one week when I couldn't get a delivery.

tilly said...

What a lot of shopping you are doing for everyone. Your card is so effective with the washi tape, what a find. and I love the house die, stay safe xx

Linda Simpson said...

Such a fabulous new home card, love the washi tape and beautiful creative topper. Stay safe and have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Enjoy your Bible journalling. x Happy Easter.

ALI said...

Lovely card, take care with your shopping x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. I have just started watching Barbara Gray and just done day 2. It is very relaxing I find which is what it is supposed to be. Happy Easter Jackie. It won’t seem the same though will it. Take carex

brenda said...

A really lovely New Home card, thank you so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous home card Jackie
Gr Karin

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card I have never used washi tape I might have to give it a go
My daughter and son in law are in a similar position They’d been looking and house viewing for weeks/months and now it’s all on hold
I hope you’re able to sort out delivery slots for your parents
Take care xxx

Donna Ellis said...

ooooooh! how pretty, Jackie! What a fabulous design idea to place your home inside a heart, and then have all those tiny hearts speaking as those this home could not possibly be happier! It's a perfect card especially for these times. It's so nice of you to be helping out many others. thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

super cute! I love that little house and adorable background

Mervi said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet, Jackie xoxo

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love this card, love the house in the heart and I absolutely love the washi tape its brilliant!. take care. Michelle x