Followers

Monday 10 August 2020

Bee Happy with Tatty Daisies

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? Was is hot like ours? On Saturday our daughter and son-in-law came with afternoon tea. Even now we still have leftovers and we sent them home with some bits too. On Sunday we had a quiet day. Being so hot it was hard to do much. 

I treated myself to a copy of Die-Cutting Essentials magazine a couple of weeks ago. I really like the honeycomb background die that came free with the magazine.



I have lots of Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. The brushes are now damaged and are hard to colour with. The pens are still full of ink. I have taken to making backgrounds with them. The colours are lovely and the extra bit of sparkle is nice. 
I used the Tatty Daisy die with the Rose Leaves from the John Next Door die range to make the flowers across the middle of the card. I added Candi to the centre of the flowers. 

Here is the background die from the magazine. The bee I won as a prize. The heart in the corner comes from the back of the bee. 

This sentiment comes from a Dovercraft die set.  I have used it a lot this summer. I do love putting bees on cards. 

I was pleased with how this card turned out. I am very pleased with the background die. It is a useful addition to my bee related die collection. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie


Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Janette said...

Your background is beautiful Jackie, I love the Bee theme, always a favourite I think and the flowers are gorgeous.
So glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea, we finally got a share of the sunshine and its been beautiful, very hot and just lovely, lets hope it lasts a while longer.xx

Mrs A. said...

It's a beautiful card. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous Sunny card great background die and beautiful flowers-love the Bee-it was unbearably hot Friday but cooled down over the weekend
Carol x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card Jackie.xxx

carla said...

Jackie your card looks fabulous.
I love that beautiful background, the bee and lovely flowers.
Beautiful colors.
Thank you for joining us at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs challenge.
Good Luck !
Carla (DT)

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the die cut background and beautiful flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Queen said...

love the layers in this card, great card.

karin said...

So beautiful that background, the bee and flowers fit really good on it.
A great card for the Challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Thanks for joining.
Karin DT

Gwyneth said...

I love the bee and the flowers Jackie. Great looking card.
GG

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous colour combo and background Jackie

June x

htondre@aol.com said...

Gorgeous Jackie, love your die cuts

Littlelamb said...

Glad you enjoyed the weekend. Lovely card. Take care

Arlene said...

Very creative! So glad you joined us for our "All About the Flowers" August challenge at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

Alison59 said...

How lovely Jackie - we do need to "bee happy" at the moment :-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's a gorgeous card, Jackie xoxo

Cindy C. said...

The honeycomb background is just perfect for the flowers!! Thanks for playing along our August challenge at Die Cut Divas.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Jackie love it
gr karin

Janice said...

Beautiful floral card Jackie.
Janice x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Another gorgeous card, really like the honeycomb panel and the flowers are really pretty. Take care Michelle x

Shona Hamill said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Hugs,
Shona xx