Followers

Friday 28 August 2020

My very own Homegrown Sunflower

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? I have been busy getting ready for the Open Studios event at the weekend. There have been quite a few things to sort out. Today I should be setting up ready for Saturday but that depends a bit on the weather. My hubby has taken the day off so he can help me. He did need to use up some of his leave. It's not like we can go anywhere. 

I love taking pictures of flowers I have done this for years. I don't usually do anything with the photos this year I decided to try them on cards. Here is my first effort. 


The backing paper was in my stash. The die I used for the corners is a  Spellbinders die. 


This is my own sunflower that I grew from seed. We went to a garden centre the day before they were closed and I bought some miniature sunflower seeds. They have been grown in pots on the patio. I hope to save some of the seeds to grow next year. The birds can have what is left. 


I am going to put this card into the sale along with some others with my photos on. I will let you know how I get on. I am not really expecting to sell very much.

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Have a great day. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Alison59 said...

What a beautiful photo Jackie and it looks stunning as a card :-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful photo you have taken Jackie and great card
Gr Karin

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card Jackie and great photo.

Janette said...

A beautiful card Jackie that is such a gorgeous photo and I hope you do really well, maybe everyone will drift in wanting to have a change and a little spend, good luck.xx

ALI said...

Well you need to use more it's beautiful!

Doreen said...

Beautiful Jackie,what a great sunflower.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW that is some sunflower, just love these flowers as they always make me smile.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful Jackie. Love the card and your sunflower. Hope the weekend goes ok and you sell your cards. Never very easy as people seem to want them at very low prices.

cass said...

Pretty card and design. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Dawn said...

What a great idea to use one of your own photos. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmaers. x

Mrs A. said...

That is one really pretty sunflower. I couldn’t get hold of any seeds so will have to wait round to next year.it will soon be bulb planting time again. Hugs Mrs A.

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what agreat idea to use your photos. I have sunflower envy as mine are just starting to bud. Hazel x

pam said...

Beautiful card using your photo Jackie
Pam x

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful Jackie and a great way of using photos, x

karenlotty said...

Lovely cards this week Your colouring is beautiful I think I may have to invest in some polychromo pencils as I’m useless with alcohol markers
Your photo of the sunflower is beautiful Did you print it on glossy photo paper?
I hope the sale went ok

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful sunflower hun, looks amazing on your card. I think you need to make more cards using your photos
Hugs Shell xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

How lovely to use a flower from your own garden Jackie. Hubby has taken several of ours for me to use too!

Good luck with the sale

June x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Great card and love the photo that you have taken of the sunflower. I had lots of little sunflowers this year. Take care Michelle x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a gorgeous sunflower. Yummy. The colors are so bold