Followers

Friday 21 August 2020

Waterfall Nautical themed 96th Birthday Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? We have had lots of rain. Yesterday was a nice sunny day. The rain is back this morning. I hope we get some nice weather at the weekend. We are off to see my in-laws to help them with their vacuum cleaner. We are going to have some discussions about their garden as some work that needs doing on some trees. 

This is the card I have been working on for my father-in-laws 96th birthday. 


I do like to make him a card that is a bit different in some way. This time I thought I might try a waterfall card. All the papers used came from a paper pad from The Works. 


I made this little underwater scene with a die set that came free with Die-Cutting Essentials magazine. The numbers are John Next Door dies.  


This image came from a card in fact it was one that my father-in-law got for his 90th birthday. He had seven cards with this image and I have just used the last one. 


This is the waterfall mechanism. I got the idea from die set from Die-Cutting Essentials magazine. I used the die that came with the magazine to make another card. Then I made this with a scoreboard so that I could make it a bit bigger. I used dies from the Nauctical Scenes die set to decorate the panels. The mechanism does work  I tested it. 


I was quite pleased with how this card turned out. I have plans to make an under the sea card I like the bit in the bottom corner. 

Have a great day. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really great card Jackie. Have a great day.

Doreen said...

Wow love this,so much detail and a great design.xxx

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, this is gorgeous, you make really great 'man' cards and guess what, in all the time I have been card making I never made a waterfall, this is beautiful.
I hope you have a lovely day and the sun shines for you, weather has been same here, gorgeous yesterday but rained all night and still going strong.xx

Alison59 said...

Oh WOW Jackie this is stunning. So much movement and detail :-)

tilly said...

Granddad will love this beautiful waterfall card xx

Rose Andrew said...

Hi Jackie
Awesome card .. love the side waterfall look ..
Love it.
Have a lovely weekend
Regards
Rose

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous nautical card Jackie, love the waterfall design too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Jackie
Gr Karin

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, this is super and what a great age, hope he has a wonderful day. Its been mixed weather here with rain and then sun an hour later. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Hazelxx

Donna Ellis said...

Happy 96th to your FIL, Jackie! What a fabulous creation to celebrate the special day. Your colors and nautical theme are amazing with the waterfall design. It’s really beautiful! So nice you can be there for your in-laws. I imagine they treasure your caring assistance, devotion and love! Huggers, de

Littlelamb said...

Great Male card Jackie. I am sure he will like it very much. Same sort of weather here. Hope you have a good weekend. Stay safe and take care.x

Denise Fletcher said...

What a fabulous card! Love the waterfall, the colours, and the fishes at the bottom! Are you the sane Tiny Rose that was on docrafts gallery?

Jackie T said...

Hi Denise I have no idea if you will see this. Yes I was Tinyrose on Do-Crafts. I do miss it. Take care. Hugs Jackie xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
such a very wonderful card for a Birthday of a great age.
Love your wonderful design and the waterfall design is sure a blast from the past that seems to be making a come back.
Love the nautical images and the sea scene you have created.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Jackie sure to be treasured. xx

pam said...

Fabulous card you created Jackie..wow what a great age 96
Hugs Pam x

karenlotty said...

Some love makes this week
Your colouring is so pretty I never think to print off an image and colour it myself
I have never made a waterfall card - this one is fabulous he’ll love it
Have a good week

sallysbitz2 said...

This is just brilliant. Love how you have made it into a bigger card and not just a waterfall card. I am sure your father in law will love it and take pride of place x
Happy 96th birthday to him x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie xoxo

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

so gorgeous, I love all the detailing and those great die cuts you always use. Stunning!

Janice said...

A fabulous nautical card Jackie, your FIL will love it.
Janice x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I hope your father in law enjoyed his birthday. Wonderful waterfall card and love the nautical theme and how you've embellished it. Take care Michelle x