Followers

Friday 6 August 2021

Twisted Easel Card for a 97th Birthday

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? We have been busy here there has been lots to sort out with my parents and my sister. I also thought that I had a closer deadline for some crafty makes than was the case so the pressure is off a bit. 

Here is the birthday card I have made for my father-in-law who will be 97 in September. He still loves his garden so this card will be appropriate. My mother-in-law will be able to work out the twisted easel style works, she is a smart cookie. 

I have had the sticky burlap for a while. I chose to use it here for the texture. 


The image is from  one of the Hunkydory little books. I used the flowing dies: Ivy Spray, Stencil Sentiments, Advent Numbers all from the John Next Door range. 

I do hope my father-in-law likes this card. 

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

I'm sure he will love it hun, the burlap gives it a fabulous texture....great make
Hugs Shell x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the leaf dies. Have a great day. Anesha

Janette said...

Morning Jackie, I love the burlap, it makes the card really stand out and the image is gorgeous, how wonderful to reach such a grand age and be ok.xx

Shabneez said...

Stunning creation Jackie. Enjoy your weekend. Shabneez x

Kathy said...

Just the perfect way to spend such a special birthday! A deckchair in the garden!

Lovely card, great shape too

tilly said...

your F-I-L will love this garden themed card, I hope he keeps well xx

karin said...

Wow, such a high age. I know for sure he will love this beautiful card.
Enjoy the Birthday party.
Karin

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Jackie
Gr Karin

Sue said...

Fabulous card Jackie love the leaf dies hugs Sue x

Littlelamb said...

I am sure your father in law will love the card Jackie. It is gorgeous. Take care if you are out and about.

Andree said...

This is a wonderful card Jackie. The burlap is an inspired choice for a gardening card and the image is just lovely. I hope you can enjoy a relaxing weekend now that the pressure is off xxx

cuilliesocks said...

What a marvellous age your FiL is Jackie and i'm sure he will love this gorgeous card, love your design and the burlap is just so perfect a background for the topper, Kate 💖

aussie aNNie said...

Delightful card, love the burlap bases, I had just found a pack of these stick on ones in my stash. xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Jackie xoxo