Followers

Wednesday 14 January 2015

A Card for an Ordination

Hi My Blog Friends

I hope you are all well and that the weather is being kind to you. Right down here in the south we haven't  had any snow so far but it is wet.

The curate at our church asked me if I would make a card for her friend who is being ordained soon. This is the design I came up with, I must say she was very pleased with the result.


The background card was embossed at my friend's house as I still didn't have my Grand Calibur.


The cross is from a Spellbinders set and I cut it twice once in gold and once in brown and offset them slightly.


I embossed the mat  and added pearls made with CS Pearl PVA glue. I left this to dry before I assembled the rest of the card.


The ivy was cut with a Sue Wilson die. It is a two die set and I cut each die twice in cream and twice in gold and I offset the gold and the cream like I did with the cross.


I wasn't sure whether to add the Congratulations or not but as you can see I decide I would.


Look what eventually turned up this week. I haven't used it yet but I will be I have so missed the embossing. I pre-ordered it at the beginning of November I am very pleased it is here now.


So there you have it. I seem to be getting quite a few commissions at the moment. I even managed to sell my husband's Valentine's card - I am a bad wife. I will have to make him an even nicer one.

Enjoy the rest  of the week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

19 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Enjoy your new toy :) A beautiful card and I can see why she was very pleased with this!
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Jackie and a fab and great new toy.
Gr Karin

Laine said...

Stunning design and detail Jackie. Have fun with your Spellbinder.
Laine
xx

jane stillman said...

A brilliant Ordination card, enjoy your new Calibur - love the colour

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning. I love that die cut err used it on a VBS craft. Enjoy the new cutter

pam said...

Beautiful card design Jackie, no wonder she was pleased with your card..
Happy crafting with the new toy..
hugs Pam

Brawny x said...

Wow what a great card. Someone is going to be chuffed. Have fun with the new toy x

Barbara said...

What a beautiful card, Jackie....absolutely perfect for it's intended purpose. Love the colours too xx

Jan said...

Lovely card xx Jan

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant this is just perfect for the occasion and I'm not surprised your friend loved it its beautiful so glad you have your die cutting machine back bet you've missed it love an d hugs Carole xi

Doreen said...

Gorgeous,love the design.xxx

Sam K said...

This is so beautiful, I love how you have framed the cross with the ivy xx

Unknown said...

A stunning card and I see why you are getting more commissions you create some fabulous work. Enjoy your new machine. Hugs Jennifer xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie This is beautiful and just right for the occasion, yes congratulations works fine as a sentiment. I love the ivy die, so useful. Really pleased your GC has arrived at last although I will miss your embossing visits! Spoil yourself after today and have a really good play! Take care. Love Diane xxx

Jackie said...

This is such a classy card Jackie, just perfect.
Had to chuckle at you seeling Hubby's Valentine card, at least it wasn't Hubby you sold :o)
Jackie xx

Alison59 said...

Perfect :-) enjoy playing with your machine x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful design. I love your Valentine card. I've got the same GC for my Christmas, enjoy your die cutting and embossing with new GC. xx

Carole Z said...

This is stunning Jackie, I love the textures and the leaves around the cross. The recipient will be speechless. I had the new GC for Christmas too, it replaced my original one that I'd had since they came out and was on its last legs...but did you see this week that Spellbinders has launched a new GC at CHA? It takes the thicker dies. I think it was a bit naughty of them to release two in such quick succession! :) Hugs Carole Z X

Anonymous said...

Hi, What a stunning cardm love the die cuts and the colour., enjoy your new toy :)

Hugs Erin xx