Followers

Monday 19 January 2015

Pop-up Box Card for a 16th Birthday

Hi My Blog Friends

I hope you had a good weekend. We managed to get so many jobs done which was very satisfying,   my husband's back is better and we are cold free. Our daughter moved the last of her stuff out and this made it easier to get lots sorted. I am very keen to buy some craft storage in an attempt to tame my ever growing stash.

The card I am sharing today was another commission I do seem to be getting more commissions lately. It would be nice to be in the position to be able to fund my hobby.


It is quite a large card having been made from an A3 sheet of card which was scored on my Hougie board.


The flowers were punched,  the numbers were cut with some X-cut dies and the butterflies with a Sizzix die.


All the other mauve panels were embossed but I don't seem to have photographed them. I kept the front panel flat to take the sentiment which was made with a  Signature die and some tonic letter dies. I was very pleased that the name fitted on the panel.


This photo shows the slats across the box and how I arranged the elements once they were attached to strips of acetate. Of course it all packs flat to fit an envelope.



I did promise that if everything worked out with our daughter's rabbits I would share a picture of them. Well the good news is that everything seems fine and they are getting on well.


Aren't they cute and they are very affectionate with each other. We were helped hugely by CottonTails Rescue in Westbury, Wiltshire

I hope you have a good week with lots of crafting. 

Hugs Jackie

25 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

What a gorgeous personalised box card, beautiful design and colours x

Brawny x said...

This is beautiful Jackie. So pretty. X

Jan said...

Love this gorgeous pop up box. And those bunnies are adorable xx Jan

Brawny x said...

Ps I don't suppose you can tell me the measurements you used can you please x

Jackie T said...

Yes I can send you the measurements. I will send a Facebook message soon. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A fabulous card Jackie, the colours and dies are lovely. The bunnies are gorgeous.
Just a tip: buy more storage than you think you'll need as you will soon run out x

Unknown said...

Beautiful pop up card Jackie lovely colours. Hope you get sorted with storage and the bunnies are gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful card, and very cute bunny rabbits :o)
Jackie xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a gorgeous cardbox Jackie beautiful done
Gr Karin

Anonymous said...

great pop up box card, lovely detail.And those bunnies are so cute

jane stillman said...

lovely popup box card and love the rabbits lol x

karyn said...

beautiful card and rabbits x

Alison59 said...

Wow the box card is stunning :-)
The bunnies are so cute :-)

Carole Z said...

Stunning card Jackie, love everything about it! Glad you are feeling better now and oh those bunnies! I just want to cuddle them, so so cute! Hugs Carole Z X

What I Created Next said...

Love your box card. I've not made one if those yet but watch this space!! Love the bunnies. We have two who adore one another

Anonymous said...

Hi, A stunning card, I love these designs and should try one again. Love the dies, the flowers and the butterflies. beautiful colors to.

Hugs Erin xx

pam said...

Love your pop up box card Jackie, great idea for a 16th birthday..lovely colours and embellishments.
Pam

Barbara said...

This is beautiful, Jackie....you must have loads of patience xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous box card...just right for a 16 year old.....Love the photo of your bunnies...so cute....Joolsx

Cumbrianlass said...

Fabulous card Jackie, I do love this shape but never can quite figure out how to make them lol.
Your rabbits are gorgeous.
Janet xxx

Crafty Diva said...

Beautiful card, I have yet to make one of these! xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, That is just SUPER cute. How adorable. I hope she loved it.

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie - what a stunning card! Fantastic colours. Bet it will be a much loved keepsake.
Cute bunnies !
Hugs,
Bev xx

Laine said...

Fabulous box and detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie. Wow what a stunning card, I'm sure Ellie and her mum loved it, so pretty and girlie. Will have a look at the tutorial to find out how to make one, they look such fun. Glad the bunny problem has been successfully sorted. They do look cute together. Take care love Diane xxx