Followers

Friday 30 January 2015

In the Pink for Mother's Day

Hi My Blog Friends

I hope you are all set for a  great weekend and have survived the earth tremors and the snow.  We are going to Brighton for the weekend, I am posting this just before we set off, I hope the weather is kind to us. Of course I will be checking out all the craft shops in the area as today is pay day.

This is another project in my quest to keep ahead of my card making - a Mother's Day card. I saw a card on Sue Wilson's Blog  where she had used a border die to create a background and I decided that I would have a go.


I cut the border six time making sure that I embossed them each time so that the die cuts had all the gorgeous detail. I cut all the mats I wanted and the final one was some patterned paper from my stash.


The patterned sheet was covered with a double sided sticky sheet cut to fit. Then after some juggling I arranged the border die cuts down the sheet over lapping them slightly.They did overlap the sheet and needed trimming. Once they were stuck down I covered the whole thing with CS Glitter Jewels Diamond Sprinkles and rubbed it into the exposed sticky sheet so no stickiness was left.


I made the tag by cutting some matching paper and cutting up a sentiment cut with a Signature die.


I made the flower with some more of my Sue Wilson dies, they do make pretty flowers. A flat backed pearl was added to the centre of each flower. 


 It really does sparkle when it catches the light. I will be working on the Save the Date cards soon that's if I ever get round to ordering the card.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

28 comments:

Carole Z said...

Beautiful card Jackie, fabulous colours...stunning! Hope you have a great weekend, hugs Carole Z X

Tracy Welham said...

That is fabulous! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

jane stillman said...

A stunning card, love the background and flowers. Hope you have a fabulous weekend - stay safe x

Nataliascraft said...

So beautiful, love the background and pretty flowers, gorgeous project.
I just finished wedding box cards invitations and planning to finish evening invites hopefully soon.
Enjoy your weekend.
Natalia xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Jackie the dies are stunning along with the flowers. enjoy your weekend and hope you find many craft shops. Am now following. Hugs Jennifer xx

Mandy Ashley said...

So very beautiful! gorgeous colour & lovely design. have a fab weekend :)

Anonymous said...

really like the pattern on this card, so elegant

Linda Simpson said...

This is fantastic, I love the gorgeous dies you have used and beautiful colour combination. Have a fabulous time this weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

What a beautiful card Jackie. Love the colour combo and the fabulous background detail. I may have to borrow this idea. Enjoy your break.
Laine
xx

ALI said...

Stunning card, lovely colours and a great background die.

Alizabethy said...

What a fabulous piece of work - beautiful!

Chris said...

Beautiful card. Chris xx

pam said...

Fabulous card design Jackie, beautiful die work and colours for a Mothers day card..
have a great weekend..
Hugs Pam

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, that is so stunning, I am going to have to try something like this! If I can make it work, I will be sure to share it with you (and let everyone know who inspired me!). Cheers, Holley

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

I have to say, this is absolutely stunning. Love the cut out elements and the pearlised paper really make the card. The layout is perfect and any mother would be so pleased to receive this card.

<3 and Hugs
Lisa xxxxx

Andree said...

A really pretty card Jackie and a gorgeous colourway. The border dies and flowers are wonderful.
I hope the weekend was successful x

Jackie said...

Such a gorgeous card. I hope you are enjoying Brighton :o)
Jackie xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie...Stunning card....Beautiful flowers and design....Hope you not got snow in Brighton....have a lovely weekend...Joolsx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie...Stunning card....Beautiful flowers and design....Hope you not got snow in Brighton....have a lovely weekend...Joolsx

Lorna said...

Stunning card Jackie, beautiful design and i love the flowers
have a great time in Brighton

Lorna xx

Alison59 said...

Wow this is fabulous :-)

Ewelina Nowak said...

You have your style. Your cards are so beautiful and have numerous lace. wonderful
hugs xx

Unknown said...

Hopping by. Any Mother would be happy to receive such a gorgeous card

Unknown said...

Hopping by. Any Mother would be happy to receive such a gorgeous card

Heike said...

A beautiful card using loads of lovely dies.
Heike xx

Angela said...

Wow what a stunning card, it looks so intricate x

Lizzies said...

Gorgeous card, just hopping by. Lizzie xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie This is beautiful in pink, will hopefully be appreciated! This looks lovely with the camellia flowers. Hope you enjoyed Brighton. Love Diane xxx