Followers

Monday 26 January 2015

Butterflies and Fairies

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you had a good weekend and that the start of the week has been kind to you. At the weekend we visited our niece and her fiance to talk about wedding stationery. We have come up with a plan and I will be making most of the stationery for their wedding starting with some Save the Date cards. I am  excited about this but it is a big undertaking.

I was having a play with some stamps, that came free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine issue 138 featuring butterflies and fairies, and this is the result.

I would like to enter  the current challenge on the Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog #28- Fairy Nice! I would also like to enter it for the Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 161.


This card started with a 7" x 7" black card blank, I cut an aperture in the top coconut white mat,  I embossed this mat before inking it. 


I stamped the fairy with black archival and  heat embossed it with a clear powder that has a touch of sparkle. The image was cut with the same die I used to cut the aperture and then I inked it with the same inks I had used on the mat.

 

I made the flower by die cutting felt, the first type of felt I used wouldn't work with the thin dies I was using. The layers of the flower were held together with Pinflair Gel glue. For good measure I put a small dazzler in the centre of the flower. I didn't have the green I wanted for the ivy leaves so I cut them in white and inked them to be the shade I wanted them to be.

 

The butterfly was cut with a Sue Wilson die, I cut the mat for the butterfly to help the butterfly to stand out. 


I haven't added a sentiment yet I will do that when I decide who this card will be for.

Have a great week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

26 comments:

jane stillman said...

Absolutely stunning Jackie. Love it!

Craftyvamp said...

lovely work as usual Jackie! xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous creation Jackie, I do love this very much, beautiful fairy!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cheremane said...

This is really beautiful Jackie xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning card Jackie love it.
Gr Karin

Nataliascraft said...

So beautiful Jackie, love the design and pretty flower. I have the same fairy stamp but didn't play yet. X

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Love it! X

Laine said...

Such a cutie Jackie. Wonderful design and detail and I love the colour palette.
Laine
xx

Jan said...

Stunning card xx Jan

pam said...

Gorgeous card design Jackie, lovely stamp and colours..
Hugs Pam x

Unknown said...

stunning card and design.x

The Tag Lady said...

Gorgeous card,love the colours............Mags x

Andree said...

A fantastic card Jackie, The stamps, dies and colours are wonderful x

Crafty Diva said...

It's gorgeous jackie x

Unknown said...

Stunning Jackie, love the design it's so magical looking. Hugs Jennifer xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, gorgeous colors and gorgeous die cuts!

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous card :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful card Jackie! It truly does look magical!

Good luck with the Wedding stationery, it's hard work but no worth it in the end!

Hugs

Di xx

Alison59 said...

Stunning card :-)

Ewelina Nowak said...

so stunning and beautiful work :)

Carole Z said...

Stunning card Jackie...love the colours...my favourite! All the best with the wedding stationery. I have made some invites in the past and always found it a struggle as it was so repetitive, but worth it for the end result and the pleasure given to the happy couple! Hugs Carole Z X

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie this card is really pretty, love the colours you have used and the stamps too. Not bad for a freebie ! Love the clear sparkling embossing powder, it just gives it a little bit of bling without being overpowering. Take care. Love Diane xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Beautiful card, lots of lovely details too. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers, Cindy (DT)

JayBe said...

Absolutely beautiful, the background is gorgeous and sets off the stamped image so well. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

Hels Sheridan said...

Pretty card Jackie, love that ivy muchly! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Sarn said...

What a gorgeous card. I have those stamps and haven't inked them up yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs, Sarn xxx