Followers

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Where has all the time gone?

Hi my Blog Friends

I can't believe we have already got to January 7th. I haven't had much time to craft during the Christmas and New Year holidays. Hopefully things can start getting back to normal now we are all back to work in our house.

We had some very happy news just after Christmas, two of our close friends announced their engagement. Of course I wanted to make a card for them.

 

This tent card started with  a Kraft card  8" x 8" card  blank.  I  made the pink mat at a friend's house using Distress ink on a Gelli plate one day when we were having a play. I thought it went well with the turquoise paper I had in my stash.


The hearts were cut with a Spellbinders die. I cut and inked two hearts for the background from a patterned  paper which was then covered with a double sided sticky sheet and sprinkled with Cosmic Shimmer Micro Beads.


This is the inside I inked through a mask I had a mat in the middle while I inked  to give an area to write in. All the wording I used was cut with Britannia word dies.

I do hope that your new year has started well and continues as such.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie 



23 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card Jackie, so pretty
Niki x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. Love the background and hearts.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan said...

Lovely card Jackie xx Jan

What I Created Next said...

Beautiful Jackie. Love the Gelli Plate background. Happy new year x

ElizabethR said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, love the background and what a great way for your friend's to start the New Year, lovely. Elizabeth x

Cheremane said...

This is lovely Jackie xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely engagement card

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie....love the pretty back ground....Joolsx

karyn said...

Lovely card

pam said...

Hi Jackie, beautiful engagement card, like the look of your Gelli plate background you created, love the hearts.
Hugs Pam

Andree said...

A really pretty card Jackie. Your pink paper is lovely and the two hearts are perfect for an engagement x

Laine said...

This is lovely Jackie. Love all of the fabulous detail.
Laine
xx

Brawny x said...

I absolutely love this card. The inside is fabulous x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, great backing papers and love the hearts. Never thought to use a mask for the insert, brilliant idea. Hugs Jennifer xx

Carole Z said...

A beautiful card Jackie, I love the backgrounds you've created & you reminded me that I haven't used my gelli plate in ages! The inside is really gorgeous too, hugs Carole Z xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful card. You are right, the first week of 2015 gone already!!!!!
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

real elegant card, such nice detail in the hearts

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Alison59 said...

Wow this is fabulous :-)

Amber at Sequin Stitches said...

Gorgeous card! I love the hearts they are so pretty x

Carole Pollard said...

So beautiful this is just delightful I love your design both inside and out .Something they will treasure I'm sure love and hugs Carole x

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie what a beautiful card and what a fab way to use the gelli background we made whilst having a play. I hope your set arrived so you can play some more! Take care love Diane xxx

Ewelina Nowak said...

so beautiful work, love the hearts so stunning :) hugs xx