Followers

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Tranquil Thinking of You Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors 

How is your week going? I had a bad day yesterday for most of the day I had trouble with a headache that left me feeling quite poorly. Then in the evening we had some bad news from my sister. I know things will be sorted but I was rather upset. I am having coffee with a friend today and I am feeling a lot better. 

I made a card for another friend of ours who is in hospital. He went in for a back operation about a month ago and he has been left needing a wheelchair. He is on the list to go to a rehabilitation unit but he caught pneumonia and he is not well enough to go there yet. Obviously we can't visit so I will be sending a few cards. 


I have a paper pad from The Works this is where the background paper came from. The ribbon was in my stash. 


This image came from an old card. I found the image first and that set the tone of the card. 


I didn't feel that Get Well Soon was an appropriate sentiment. Thinking of you seemed to be the right thing to say.  


I know he liked this card. He is feeling a bit better as we are getting more WhatsApp messages. He has a long recovery ahead of him. 

I hope that the rest of the week is kind to you. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, hope your friend recovers quickly. Glad you are feeling better. x

crafty-stamper said...

Not a good day then yesterday hope things get better for you -love the beautiful masculine card
carol x

Doreen said...

Love the gorgeous image,a beautiful card.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. I hope your friend makes a good recovery and gets into rehabilitation. A fabulous card which I am sure he will appreciate.
Hugs
Linda xxx

NickScrapShack said...

Good to hear that today was a bit better then yesterday. I hope everything works out well for your sister and that you´re feeling a bit better!
I know your friend will love this beautiful card. Great design, colours and beautiful topper! Take care of yourself Jackie!
Hugs Nick

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Jackie. Such a lovely image and your design shows it off beautifully. xx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. Sorry you didn’t have a good day yesterday and hope today was better. Take care and stay safe. 🤗 x

Wendy L said...

It looks fab Jackie, xxx

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card Jackie. Hope things are better for you today, hugs xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, Jackie xoxo

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Jackie ... love little "thinking of you " card for your friend in hospital ... hope your headache has gone away and Hannah and her hubby are settled in their new home ... wow you have got a lot going on ... good job you havent got to go to work eh ?? ... stay well and stay safe ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

pam said...

Lovely card Jackie. Sorry you didn’t have a good day yesterday and hope today was better.
Hugs Pam x

Janette said...

Trying to catch up with my favourite blogs, so sorry I am late Jackie. This is a lovely card,so sad about your friend, I hope he recovers well. Take care.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card Jackie

gr karin

htondre@aol.com said...

Beautiful card, hope you feel better soon

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A really lovely card that you have made for your friend and such a lovely image that you have found too. Michelle x

Janice said...

Great card Jackie, perfect for your friend.
Janice x