Followers

Wednesday 9 December 2020

Pirate themed Birthday Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? We have been trying to sort out bits for Christmas. We will be spending some time with our daughter and son-in-law but we know we will be on our own for a lot of the time. Our idea is to make things as nice for ourselves as we can. That will take a bit of planning. We are not buying many presents this year. Though we will be sending a lot of cards. 

Here is the birthday card I made for our son-in-law. He plays an online pirate themed game with his friend. So when I found one of the old cards I had been given had a pirate on, I put it to one side. 


The paper came from a paper pad I bought in The Works. I liked the pad so much I bought two of them. I am very glad I did. There was red foil on the card. So I made mats and layers with red mirror card. 


As I said the main image is from a card. Can you see the cheeky cocktail glass I added?


A while ago I was asked to make a tropical themed wedding card. I bought some Tropical Sizzix dies that you can see here. 


Our son-in-law liked this card. It is just a bit of fun. It is such a shame so many celebrations have been curtailed this year. 

I hope the rest of the week is kind to you. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, this is a perfect card for a pirate gamer fan, that DP is fab, I must admit to being a fan of the works paper pads, always great quality and even better price.xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Jackie....even for a grown up!...nice to have a bit of fun....lets hope next Christmas celebrations will be back....Joolsx

Alison59 said...

Ooh Jackie this is fabulous :-)

cuilliesocks said...

What a brilliant card Jackie, super image and design. I have this paper pad too and I love it, can be used for so many things. take care, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card, love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Rocky said...

Love the card and I'm sure he will too. It's warmed me up on such a cold and grey day, thank you.

Wendy L said...

What a super fun make Jackie, xxxx

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card Jackie. Hope you have a lovely Christmas whatever you decide to do.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Adorable! xoxo

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great card Jackie
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

A very thoughtful card for your son in law. Everything goes so well! Shabneez x

htondre@aol.com said...

Super cute birthday card. Love the Lil pirate

Janice said...

A great, fun card Jackie.
Janice x