Followers

Wednesday 30 December 2020

My Special Cards from 2020

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? There is something special about today for us. We are allowed out again we can go for walks  and do our food shopping. The self-isolation ended at midnight last night. It has been very strange not to be able to go out for walks. 

I usually do some sort of round up at the end of the year. I do like to look through my cards and see what I have made. 

January 2020


Here is one of the thank you cards I made. The original post is HERE

February 2020


In February I went to the Farnborough Craft Show. We stayed overnight and then I did a workshop with John Next Door and my hubby visited his  parents while I was there. I am so glad we did those things. There was really no clue what was coming. These are the cards I made at the workshop. 

March 2020


This is the card I made for our friends once we had gone into lockdown. The original post for this card is HERE. 

April 2020


Who could forget Captain Tom Moore and all the money he raised for the NHS. This is the birthday card that I sent along with many other people. The original post for this card is HERE. 

May 2020


Here is a Get Well card I made with an image from Bugaboo stamps. I started following Barbara Gray's Shac Shack in March and I learnt to colour with pencils. The original post for this card is HERE 

June 2020


Here is the Father's Day card that I made for my hubby. I had also joined the Claritystamp Fresh Cut dies Club. I used one of the dies to make this card. The original post for this card is HERE. 

July 2020


This is the waterfall card I made for my father-in-law's 96th birthday. He likes a nautical themed card and if there is a bit of movement that is good too. The original post for this card is HERE. 

August 2020


In August I was invited to sell some of my cards at a Hampshire Open Studios event. It was held in my friend's garden and house. All precautions were taken. I did sell quite a few cards. This one is made with a Claritystamps Fresh Cut die. The original post for this card is HERE. 

September 2020


In September we went to a wedding. It as a lovely day. It was such a privilege to be there with only 30 guests allowed. Our daughter drew the image and the roses frame. I added lots of dies from the John Next Door range. This was the first of some collaborations between me and our daughter. I don't think I ever blogged this card. 

October 2020


On 23rd October 2020 our daughter and son-in-law moved to their new home. I drew this image for them. I is based on one of the doodles from Barbara Gray's Shac Shack. I missed a trick as I should have drawn their house which I did for their Christmas card. This is the blog post where this card is featured. 

November 2020


On the very last day of November my husband retired. He had been working at home since March. Then in June his job changed and he became unhappy. The chance of voluntary severance came up he applied and got it. This is the card I made for him. The original post for this card is HERE. 


Also in November I was asked to be a Guest Angel for the John Next Door design team. I was sent the Shutter card die set to use. This is one of the cards I made. I have a little secret and I am sure not many people will read this far. I am now a permanent John Next Door Angel. I already have my next set of dies to use. The original post this card was in is HERE. 

December 2020


Here is my own doodle used for a Christmas card. I do so love doodling. I have learnt so much from Barbara Gray. This is one of the really positive things that has come out of 2020 for me. The year everything change, when we could no longer take things for granted. The original post for this card is HERE. 

Wishing you a Happy 2021

Who knows what will be ahead of us this year?

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

karin said...

A great journey through the cards you have made this year Jackie. And of course a big relief that you are out of isolement. My eldest son and his family are waiting for the results of the Covid test, hope they are also free again to go outside.
I wish you and your family a happy Hogmany, or is that a typical Scottish tradition? 😉 I'm a huge fan of the series Monarch of the Glen which was on telly in the years 2003 till 2006 and chatted a lot on the forum with all the other 'boglies '😀 I learned a lot of Scottish expressions and traditions on that way.
Take care
Karin

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, glad to read your out and about. Lovely to look back at the year and see so many lovely cards you have on file, they are gorgeous.
Stay safe, we are waiting to hear yet again what tier we will be in from this evening, its all quite disturbing but has to be done. Take care.x

Alison59 said...

What a fabulous choice of cards Jackie. Enjoy your freedom :-)

Beccy said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous cards from 2020 Jackie, they're beautiful! I'm glad to hear you're out of isolation and can get back to the outdoors, it's always nice to take a walk in nature, especially when things get stressful. Take care and Happy New Year!
Cheers,
Beccy

Crafting Queen said...

Wondereful cards Jackie. Enjoy your walk. Hugs Anesha

ALI said...

A lovely look back at your cards!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow! what an amazing collection of cards Jackie. Each one stunning and I am so glad to see your doodle card amongst them such a clever card and hope t see more of your doodling in the future. Well, where has this year gone and for the first time, Im not sorry to see the back of it!! take care Jackie and thank you so much for your regular visits and inspiration. Take care lovely lady. Michelle xx

Sharon Smith said...

Congrats on a year of crafting in 2020! I love all your work you have made some stunning cards!
Here's to 2021!!
Sending Love - Sharon x

Littlelamb said...

First of all Jackie. Congratulations on becoming a permanent JND Angel. Love all the cards you made this year. Happy New Year to you and Keith.

Stamping Bubbles said...

A wonderful collection of cards Jackie. This year has certainly been an interesting one. Congratulations on becoming a member of John's design team. Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2021.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Linda Simpson said...

These are absolutely beautiful and it was lovely to see them again. Just popped by to wish you a Happy New Year.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah what a super journey though they ear with your cards, they are all lovely. Thank You for sending Mum her birthday card. Wishing you a lovely, safe and heathy 2021, Love Hazel xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all gorgeous, Jackie xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

All your cards are beautifully done. I do have a favorite...I love your July card. I tried making a water fall card...but mine was a failure.