Followers

Monday 8 February 2021

Sailing Boat themed Father's Day Shutter Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? Did you get snow? We managed to get out for walks on Saturday and Sunday. the rest of the time was spent doing puzzles, watching films and have Zoom chats.  It was cold on both days but we didn't get snow. 

You know when you get an idea in your head and it won't go. I have been wanting to make my Father-in-law a card with the Shutter die set from the John Next Door range ever since I received it. I was going to make him one at Christmas but the time just got away from me. The next time he needs a card will be Father's Day so that is what I made. I also found a sheet of sailing boat images in my stash that I thought would be perfect. 


I used my Nautical paper pad from the Works. I am so glad that I bought that paper pad it so useful. I did actually buy a second one that hasn't been started. I still feel it was a good investment. Can you see the small dots in the corners. I made those with the Mandala die set. I am well chuffed you can cut several dots at a time. 


The tags come with the Shutter card die set. I love how thin the layers are when you cut all of the tags. I also treated myself to some more of the Stencil Sayings dies from the John Next Door range. I love how you can make up different phrases. 


This is how I decorated the back of the shutters. I do like cutting out those little fish. 


I know my father-in-law will like this card. His sight is failing and he loves a card with a bit of movement. In the Autumn he will be 97. That is amazing really. 

Have a good week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful card Jackie and great design, sure your father in law will more than love this one.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Super project , love the nautical theme and image too. Brilliant fold. xThanks for always visiting...Have a lovely week. .xx
Robot is around me again.. ggggr

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fab card, great images. Lots of snow here

karin said...

Wow , what an age 97 ! He will love this card, it's so beautiful.
We had a bit snow, but it was freezy cold with a northern wind blowing so strong. And still it is. Forecast is it will stay that way this week.
Take care !
Karin
xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card in this blue Jackie
Gr Karin

Em Louise Fairley said...

Stunning card, Jackie xoxo

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card Jackie, love the extra detail on the side. We only got a little snow, wanted lots more. lol Have a great day. Hugs Anesha

NickScrapShack said...

This card looks amazing, such a fancy fold and you made it so beautiful with your decorations and colours.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great make, Love the interactive ships. Snowing here on and off all day so its beautiful and white out, stay safe, Hazelxx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Jackie what a stunning card, amazing design and a fabulous theme for a man. Love the panel of little fish, Kate x

Wendy L said...

It looks amazing Jackie, xxx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow, amazing card Jackie, your Father-in-law will love it and love the designs that you have chosen for it too. Woke up to lots of snow my way, take care Michelle x

Littlelamb said...

A brilliant card for your father in law Jackie. I am sure he will love it. We didn’t have any snow at weekend only sleet. We had a little bit today but didn’t even cover the ground. Bitterly cold though. There was an icy wind. Walked around to my son as he had made me a Panetonne. He would have brought it round but I wanted a walk and I did get to see my granddaughter for a few minutes.

Carole Pollard said...

Jackie saw this earlier on Facebook and thought the design was fabulous it’s not often I see a man card with such a wonderfully different design perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fabulous Father's Day card...your father-in-law will love it, I'm sure!!
Hugs D xx

jane stillman said...

What a fabulous card - I have this die set but haven't used it as yet! lol

ALI said...

Beaitiful male card.

Janice said...

Great masculine card Jackie, love the design.
Janice x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

This is fabulous, love the sea theme due cuts too