Followers

Friday 5 February 2021

Football themed 60th Birthday Card and Cake Topper for a Saints Fan

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? Not much has happened here but then that is not surprising. 

Last week my friend was asked to make a birthday cake for one of her neighbours. She wasn't given much notice and she asked if I could make a cake topper and a small card. I found out that he is a Saints (Southampton) fan and their colours are red and white. I do like a challenge I had never made a cake topper before. 


Let's start with the card. It was good to know that he is a Saints fan. The backing paper was on my computer. I did smudge the middle of the footballs with a Posca pen. I used the  Stitched flags and the Happy Birthday sentiment from Creative Expressions. The numbers are John Next Door dies and the letter for the name were made with Crafter's Companion dies. The red and white paper was also printed from the computer. It was a Christmas paper.


This is the cake topper. I used Tonic dies to cut out the circles. I used red glitter card and white pearl paper.  The topper is double sided it looks the same on both sides. In the middle is a kraft card circle that I could glue the other circles to. I also cut a slot for the stick so that would lay a bit more flat. I used a mix to dies to make the message. 


Here is the cake. I think the topper works quite well. 


Andy liked his cake. He wasn't quite so thrilled about Saints the previous evening they had lost 9 - 0. Opps. Can you see his front door is red?


I did enjoy making this project. I find it much easier to make things when I have a purpose. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

I hope you have a good weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Oh Jackie what a great card and he looks so pleased with it as for Saints always next game. Stay safe

tilly said...

a very successful card and cake topper, he looks very pleased with your efforts!
xx

Shabneez said...

Oh what a wonderful card and cake topper Jackie - a perfect set! Shabneez x

aussie aNNie said...

wow Jackie this is an awesome topper for the cake, love the card too...great colours. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and gorgeous Jackie
Gr Karin

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, wow you did a great job on both these, I have to confess I would have been in abit of a tizz but it looks fab. Sorry his team lost but it was my reds that beat them, sure it will come round again it always does.xx

Andree said...

A fabulous card and cake topper Jackie. The red glitter card looks amazing. Have a good weekend and take care xxx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Absolutely brilliant Jackie! You are so clever and love the red glitter card. It's a shame about the team result but he had the most fabulous cake to compensate, you can't get better than that! Take care Michelle x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card and topper. Have a lovely day. Anesha

htondre@aol.com said...

Stunning projects Jackie, gorgeous card and die cuts

JD/ Jill said...

Fabulous work! By that smile on his face...It sure looks like he liked his decorated cake and nicely done card!

Wendy L said...

Wow AMAZING work Jackie, you really stepped upto the challenge, xxx

Pat K said...

Now that's one happy Birthday boy. Fabulous card and cake topper Jackie. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Well done Jackie stepping up to the challenge, both the cake topper and your card are fabulous. Pity the gentleman's team lost so badly, Kate x

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card and cake topper Jackie. You did a good job.enjoy your weekend

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Yes Man United kinda thrashed um...oops!!

But I'm sure his gorgeous card & cake topper made up for it hun...fabulous!!

Have a great weekend
Stay safe Hugs Shell xx

aussie aNNie said...

Jackie I want to thank you for always commenting, I see you comment on most blogs and compliment you on your dedication..xxx

Gwyneth said...

Two great looking creations. Fab idea to do the cake topper double sided with the slot. You wouldn't think it was your first one.
Thank you so much for your support by commenting on my blog posts. It means a lot to me.
GG

Rocky said...

The card is lovely but that cake topper is great, clever idea.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh these are brilliant makes, He looks very happy with his cake, stay safe, Hazelx

karenlotty said...

Lovely makes this week I am thinking of investing in some polychromos Your colouring is amazing
The guy really looked like he enjoyed his cake Roll on times when we can celebrate big occasions

Mrs A. said...

Super card for a football fan and Wow to the card topper. I wouldn't have known where to start. Hugs Mrs A.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great gift set, Jackie xoxo

Cazro said...

A fabulous card and cake topper, great design. Thanks for sharing Andy with his lovely smile. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Janice said...

Fantastic card and cake topper Jackie!
Janice x