Followers

Sunday 27 December 2015

All We Need is Love

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I have been away for a while there has been so much to do. We had a lovely Christmas and I hope you did too. Our daughter was with us for Christmas Day and her boyfriend joined us on Boxing Day. If all goes to plan they will be in their own house next Christmas. I think it is going to be a very exciting year. Of course I will let you all know what happens.

I was going through some of my old files and I came across this card that I hadn't shared. I had submitted it to go into the Tattered Lace Compendium but it didn't get included. One of my other projects was included but I didn't get a credit but I did get an apology.


To create the background I used the Bargello technique using two types of paper. I created a frame with with  a square die. 


I used the Tattered Lace Delicate Love Sentiment die  which I cut  twice so I could create a drop shadow and then I mounted it on some cut ovals the smallest of these I embossed. 


I am not sure when I will blog again. I have some deadlines for Tattered Lace over the next few days. It is a good job my husband needs to rest a lot to help his wrist mend. 

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

17 comments:

Brawny x said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. Love it xxx

Alizabethy said...

What a marvellous card -Happy New Year!

Alizabethy said...

What a marvellous card -Happy New Year!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, love the ve the background.
Hugs and Happy New year
Linda xxx

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. The pinks, paper and embossing are wonderful. I love the pretty heart lace xx

Unknown said...

Great card Jackie, I love the patchwork effect on the background and pretty colours. The centre die is just perfect. Hope you and Keith have a very Happy New Year . Hugs Jennifer xx

Di said...

Really pretty card Jackie - and I do so love the bargello background, really effective and a great way to use up snippets too!

Hugs

Di xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Jackie
Gr Karin

Tracy Welham said...

This is gorgeous, love the background. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

This is gorgeous, Jackie .. love the design and layout...colours too!!
Hugs Donna xxx

Mrs A. said...

I love the colours and the background technique looks fab. Hugs Mrs A.

Alison59 said...

How beautiful :-)
Sorry, I have been AWOL. Just caught up with your blog.
Many thanks for visiting my blogs this year.
Happy 2016 to you and your family xx

Barb said...

I spotted this in the playground and came along for a closer look. What a lovely card Jackie. Barbxx

Laine said...

This is lovely Jackie. Such fabulous soft colour tones.
Laine
xx

Zoe said...

What a lovely delicate card, such pretty colours xx Zoe xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very sweet, love that cute lace and the embossed layer is such a nice touch

Dawn said...

This is so sweet & pretty Jackie! I love the soft colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx