Followers

Monday 5 April 2021

Pretty Floral Eightieth Birthday Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you had a nice Easter and were able to meet up with a few people. Our church did its first live stream yesterday. The whole thing worked really well. Up to now we have been having pre-recorded services. Then friends came for coffee in the garden and later our daughter, son-in-law and their dog came for lunch. The weather was glorious and we were able to be in the garden the whole time. When everyone had gone we had a walk to a local pond where some ducks are moving in. Originally there were two now there are five. It was a good day.

I was asked to make a card for someone who was going to be 80. The card was to be posted so it needed to be flat and small enough not to incur higher postage. I am always up for a challenge. Here is the card. 


I was given free reign with the colours so I chose my favourite mauves and purples. The backing paper was in my stash. The flowers were made with the Cornflower die from the John Next Door range. I used the Leafy Flourish die as well. I don't use pearls in the centres of the flowers as this would make the card too thick for posting. 


I used the Renmore die from the John Next Door range to show off the sentiment. The Sentiment and Numbers were made with dies from my stash. 


The card fitted the brief and was gratefully received. Later we are hoping to go for a walk by the sea. The weather isn't quite so nice today but I don't think the sleet that was forecast is coming. 

Have a good day.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Jackie, I have some of John Next Door range of dies and never used them, guess it's time I did...x

tilly said...

This is beautiful in my fave colours lol, I'm sure it will be appreciated and admired, happy Easter xx

Alison59 said...

Beautiful; my fave colours too Jackie :-)

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Jackie, lovely design and colours.
Pleased you've had a lovely Easter holiday and could meet up with family, Kate x

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so pretty and in my favorite colors too xoxo

Liz said...

Stunning card Jackie, the colours you’ve used are beautiful. I’m sure the recipient was thrilled to receive it. xx

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous design a d I just love the flower die on this card Love and hugs Carole x

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful card Jackiex🤗

ALI said...

Gorgeous card and colour x

Donna Ellis said...

What a gorgeous "flat" card, Jackie! The textures and layers are just stunning! So glad your worship services are enjoyable and safe! Hugs, de

Mrs A. said...

That is pretty . Colours are perfect. We are having a snow storm here at the moment. Whatever happened to Spring.! Hugs Mrs A.

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautifulllll Jackie
Gr Karin

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A gorgeous card. I love the colour and those flowers are so pretty and delicate. I really like that lattice panel die too. take care Michelle x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful make hun, love the colour palette
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx