Followers

Monday 14 March 2022

Floral Birthday Card in the Colours of the Moment

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? Unfortunately I had a headache most of the time that only cleared up Sunday evening. I have been having a big sort out of my craft stash. I got to that point when you realise you are never going to use some things again. There is a big pile to get rid of. I have  had some lovely comments about me stopping blogging. I think I will carry on but rather intermittently. There is so much going on I am not getting so much time to craft. I am still making samples for the John Next Door range. This is by far the best design team I have ever been on. I am still wanting to share my makes for John with you. 

This weekend I did make one card. It is for my cousin's birthday. I used the colours that we are seeing everywhere. For me, like many others, Ukraine is never far from my thoughts.  


For this card I used various shade of Linen Card from Crafts-Too. I used the Small Flower die and the the Small Leaves die, for the John Next Door range, to make the flowers and the leaves. For these I used some scraps of inky paper I find this works well for flowers.


I made this sentiment with the Stencil Sayings Die set from the John Next Door range. 


Our magnolia tree is just coming into bloom again. The flowers are very pink this year. 


I hope my cousin likes the card. It is not long until her birthday now. 

Have a good week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful spring card Jackie
Gr Karin

tilly said...

This is a gorgeous card and looks so spring-like, those little flowers are sweet, I need a sort out but don't know what to do with unwanted stuff, have you got a plan lol xx

karin said...

Great card in those colours Jackie. Love the text die on it.
Take care,
Karin

Crafting Queen said...

Really great card, love the dies you used. Hope that you have a great week. Anesha x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so pretty, love the delicate flowers

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous card Jackie, I love the beautiful flowers and colours, so Spring like.
Glad to hear that you are going to carry on with your blog, at least for the moment, and just pop in when you can, and don't stress, Kate x

Janette said...

Hi Jackie got here at last :)) I love this ever so pretty card, it's gorgeous and so glad to see the odd post from you. Xxc

JD/ Jill said...

This is a pretty card!
I know what you mean about blogging. Sometimes I struggle to find the time..( or in my case the inspiration to make something) But I would so miss my blogging friends if I stopped. Hope you will still find some time to post because I love to see your beautiful cards!

Pat K said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. I love that you chose the Ukrainian flag colours. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is a gorgeous design, love the card and colour choices. ♥

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Jackie xoxo