Followers

Monday 4 May 2020

Feminine Floral Birthday card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? It seems strange to say that when days seem to be much the same. As my hubby works from home our weekends do seem a little different. Not forgetting there are no Barbara Gray doodling classes. There is plenty to do in the garden of course.

I wanted to make a birthday day for my male cousin (all the others are female). I have been having a bit of a tidy up of my craft stuff. I came across a Hunkdory Kit that I hadn't used. I picked out an image with a bike and I decided to use that for my cousin's card.


As you can see the card turned out to be rather feminine. 


I did love the floral frame that came with the image and it went so well with the patterned paper I found in my stash. 


The card seemed to suit some lace. 


We have been having walks in our local area ever since the lock down started. Can you imagine our surprise we found a pond that really isn't very far from home. Here is a picture of the pond. It just needs some ducks. 


Needless to say I decided not to use this card for my cousin. I have made him another one. This card will be one for my stash. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a good week. Stay safe and well. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really love the card. Have a good day. x

Carole Pollard said...

Great Card it’s amazing what you find when you have a tidy up. The pond looks a nice 0lace to walk to as well stay safe love and hugs Carole x

Janette said...

A super pretty card Jackie, very traditional and sweet and I really love the image.
Its so nice to have a walk....not that I would know....and to find little things that maybe you didn't notice before. Stay safe.x

Kathy said...

Wow, such fab layering Jackie

We were gardening yesterday too - and I have the sore back to prove it :(

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super and it is very feminine. Love that you found a pond. We have been lots of local places to. Nice to see all the gardens and everyone has been so busy they all look super, Hazelxx

Mrs A. said...

This is a lovely card. As you say too nice to send to a male! I have a pile of hunky dory bases and 3d cut outs. In my stash. Must investigate whilst mojo is out of the building. No doodling as you say but that naughty Barbara has reeled me in with the weekend groovin lessons.! !
Hadn

Kim x said...

What a fabulous country cottage Jackie, and a lovely card, although I think you might be right about it being a little bit on the feminine side.
Thank you for entering it into my Celebrations challenge at CCM.
Stay safe. Hugs Kimx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, the papers and topper are gorgeous and loving the lace.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautifulllllllllllllll Jackie
Gr Karin

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the lace.
Hugs Pam x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

lovely, nice lace!

karenlotty said...

Hello Jackie I’ve been trying to post a comment for a couple of days now
Great card I see what you mean that it’s quite feminine It’s a very pretty card

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie xoxo

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, fab design and beautiful papers xx

Tracy Welham said...

Very pretty, Jackie. The addition of lace is lovely.

I think this lockdown is enabling so many of us to discover what is close by that we may not have seen before, so at least that's a positive.

Creative Blessings, Tracy x

ALI said...

Really lovely Jackie.

Barbara said...

I love the layers and the gorgeous picture in the center. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

Shabneez said...

A really pretty card - totally agree the lace goes so well Jackie. Lovely to find new things when out walking isn't it? Shabneez x

Gwyneth said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, but yes, it is feminine. The country cottage image with the bike is lovely and does work well with your background and lace.
GG

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful and very feminine, loving all the layers and it is a wonderful card to celebrate a birthday! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Have a great day and stay safe.
hugs
Glenda

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
such a pretty image of a lovely cottage.
I think we all would love to live in one of those.
Great design and gorgeous flowery borders and and backing card.
Love the lace it goes so well too.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the pattern and design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see your lovely artwork back here again soon. Judy DT

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Such a pretty card county garden and lace, delightful Take care Michelle x