Followers

Monday 18 May 2020

Thinking of You Doodle Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How are things going for you? As I said last week things aren't much different for us. My hubby is still working from home. We are still shopping for a few people. I am growing so many things in our garden. Later on we will be able to have a salad! There are also lots of birdy visitors. We haven't appreciated our garden as much before. I am so glad that we have it.

A lot of you will know that I have been following the Doodle sessions that Barbara Gray does every weekday at 10:00 am on Facebook. Later they can be found on YouTube. I have been inspired to make a few cards that I have drawn the images for. This is the first one. I needed a thinking of you card for a lady from church whose husband died. He did have Covid 19 but it was his underlying health conditions that were the problem.


I made the lovely background paper. I found it when I was tiding. I have no idea how I made it. I would really like to make some more.There are a few sheets left. The candy in the corners is made with the Cogs dies from the John Next Door range. 


I used my Double Pierced circle dies to draw the circle. This meant that after I had cut the circle out I could easily used another of the dies to cut a mat for the image. The pattern in the circle is one that we learnt when doodling. I drew the seed heads and leaves first with pencil and them with a Micron pen. Once everything was dry I used Distress ink  with a brush to colour the image. I also used Distress ink to paint the border. 


I hope the lady, I sent this too, liked it. I have no idea how she is coping. I think I will be making a few of these cards. 

I hope you have a good week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

That’s so lovely Jackie I watched. Bit of one of the show last week but sadly had to go and do other things you have made a great card Love and hugs Carole x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful image and colours xx

Janette said...

WOW Jackie this is so clever, a gorgeous card, so sad for the lady but sure this will mean alot.xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, this is a beautiful piece of drawing. Glad you are having fun with your drawings. Enjoy your day.

Alison59 said...

Jackie this is stunning work; sorry for your friend's loss xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, the doodling looks wonderful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, this is beautiful, what a stunning make, I love that you did it yourself, makes it extra special. Im sure the lady will appreciate it, Hazelxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jackie, your doodle creation is so beautiful, and your design is fabulous. I've been dipping in to Barbra's classes too and she is fabulous, my efforts are not anything like this.
I'd love to see you visit over at my blog sometime, we seem to follow crafters in common, take care, Kate x

Gwyneth said...

This looks great.
GG

Donna Ellis said...

Your doodling is beautiful, Jackie, and those colors are classic with the bit of art deco detailing. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. She must feel devastated. Thank you for sharing your delightful card! hugs, de

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful Jackie. I have made too many of these cards recently. Take care and stay safexx

Janet Packer said...

This is a lovely card Jackie. Now we know that you are a talented doodler too! Janet x

ALI said...

Beautiful, love that you've turned your doodles into cards x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very lovely Jackie, just beautiful

Janice said...

Stunning silhouette card Jackie, beautiful colours.
Janice x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Such a beautiful card Jackie. Take care Michelle x