Followers

Monday 11 May 2020

Not Just Cards Challenge Blog - May Challenge - Anything Goes

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

Here we are at the beginning of another week. I hope you are all okay. It was my birthday at the weekend. I did have a lovely day. It strange how the simple things now seem to be so important. I was in touch with all the people that I care most about and that is what matters. We have also been doing an online Murder Mystery and the interrogation of the suspects was on Saturday evening.

Today the May challenge starts at the Not Just Cards Challenge blog and the theme is Anything Goes.


I was asked by a friend to make a gift bag and card for a one of their friends whose 50th Birthday Party they had been invited to. I made the gift bag to match the packaging on the gift that had been purchased. The papers I used are from an old set from Do-Crafts. The decoupage was in the set too. The card stock I used came from Anna Marie designs. I bought some 12" x 24" card from them and it is very useful for larger projects. It was nice to have something other than a card to share for the Not Just Cards Challenge blog. 

Why not come and join in with our challenge. Click on the logo and you will be taken there. 



Here is the card that I made to match the bag and of course the present. I used the same paper set. I have had the papers for ages. It was good to use them. I used a mix for dies to personalise the card and the gift bag. 

This is the picture our daughter drew for my birthday. I am a huge Star Trek fan. We knew her hubby was a keeper when he wanted to come to Destination Star Trek with us. 


In the end the party was cancelled and these things had to be posted. As the plans for our friends and our plans had changed we invited our friends round for a meal and that is the last time we saw them. Of course we have kept in touch with Zoom chats. It is just isn't the same. 

I would like to enter the following challenges. 

Stay safe and take care. 




Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

What a beautiful set and glad you had a good birthday it was my nephews 18th on VE day celebrations nothing special for him will do his 21st like we used to do long ago. I did pop over with a bag of goodies dropped on door step rang bell and back to car shouting happy birthday.

Janette said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jackie, really lush and beautiful, such a shame the party was cancelled though. I hope your birthday was ok, its hard for everyone right now I know but as long as we are all safe fingers crossed it will soon be over...take care.xx

Carole Pollard said...

What a fabulous card and bag the colours and design are so luxurious I think they are stunning and I bet the recipient adored receiving such beautiful things Your daughters painting is great and so thoughtful Really glad you managed to enjoy your birthday things are so different and you are right small acts of kindness make such a difference right now Love and hugs Carole x stay safe

Crafting Queen said...

Glad you enjoyed your birthday. Love the card and the bag you created, they are wonderful. Great colours and fully of lovely details. Great drawing by your dagughter!x

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Jackie, glad to hear you had a lovely day. One day we will look back on all this as a time we all made an extra effort to keep in contact with our loved ones. Normally it's so easy to put things off, but atmwe realise just how important making the effort is.

Love the card and bag - they are fab.

ALI said...

Gorgeous bag and card, makes a lovely set. The picture your daughter has drawn is fantastic!

Alison59 said...

Belated birthday wishes Jackie xx

Wonderful bag and card, so beautiful :-)


Super drawing; I'm a huge trekkie too!

Linda Simpson said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday and a good weekend. I love the beautiful bag and card so rich and vibrant.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous gift bag and card, beautiful design. Your daughter is so talented brilliant drawings xx

pam said...

Happy Birthday Jackie, fabulous set you created
Stay safe Pam x

Littlelamb said...

Happy belated birthday Jackie. Gorgeous bag and card. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mrs A. said...

Happy belated Birthday. You made a beautiful card and gift bag . Such a shame that the party had to be cancelled for the 50th celebrations.
I have finally caught up with all the Barbara Gray Shac videos so now working in real time with her on the Dream Catcher. I was pleased with how my Geshisa girl turned out . Stay safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a beautiful set, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy your birthday xoxo

Hazel (Didos) said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Im glad you had a lovely day. Your card and bag are stunning and I love your Star Trek picture too, Hazelxx

Gwyneth said...

Your card and bag look stunning. Nice to hear you had a good birthday despite everything.
GG

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Hope your bday was good. Lovely project today. Great work, it's just stunning

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow, simply gorgeous card and gift bag. Love the papers and beautiful pyramage on your card. This is a brilliant drawing by your daughter and sorry to read that the party was cancelled. Take care Michelle x