Followers

Friday 24 June 2016

Alphabet Challenge - I for Ink It Up!

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

The weekend is nearly here. I am off to a crafty workshop with my friend tomorrow, I am really looking forward to it.

It is time for the new challenge on the Alphabet Challenge Blog the letter is I for Ink it Up. Here is my card I was rather pleased with this one.


To create the background I used a technique that John Lockwood demoed with Pixie Powders. I used my Brushos which I think behave the same but they are not sparkly. I sprinkled three shades of the Brushos  powders onto my craft mat, you don't need much, then I sprayed the powders with water. I used a lot of water as I wanted the colours to be a bit more subtle. In my hand I held background stamp Spring Trail by Creative Expressions and I stamped with the Brusho all over some water colour card. I left it to dry before I moved on to the next bit. 


Last time I went into town I treated myself to a new stamp by Woodware it is called Going to Seed. It was stamped with black archival and heat embossed with a clear powder. I think it shows up really well against the background. 


The sentiment came in the the same stamp set. 


That is all from me today. I hope that you have a wonderful day. 

Thank you for all your visits and comments I do appreciate them all. 


Happy Crafting.

Hugs Jackie

25 comments:

Basslady said...

a stunning and gorgeous card,dearie!
Hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Lori Kobular said...

The background you created is gorgeous and I love the color combination. The flower stems in black look amazing against your background!

Unknown said...

Fabulous background so must use my brushos. Hugs xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous background Jackie, I just love the colors

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, wow, your background is fabulous, I love the design and the colour. Great stamp, it looks perfect with that background. Hugs Jennifer xx

Linda Simpson said...

Love this Jackie, the background is gorgeous! Fabulous stamp too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Janet Packer said...

Love this card Jackie, it's a fantastic technique. X

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Jackie I like the design
Kevin xx

ALI said...

No wonder you're pleased it's stunning, very effective.

What I Created Next said...

Absolutely stunning xx

Laine said...

Great card and detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Jackie & I love that background :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

pam said...

Gorgeous background Jackie, love the stamped image too.
Hugs Pam x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Great card - the black really pops against the great background paper. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie - love the background! Enjoy your crafty day and hope to see your makes xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card, love the technique you have used, will have to try it xx

Unknown said...

This is amazing Jackie! Love your background and the stamping just makes it perfect! :)

Jan said...

Love this one Jackie xx Jan

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jackie. I love the effect you've achieved with the brushos. Cathy x

Granmargaret said...

lovely card

Katie said...

Stunning card

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous Jakie! I love the background you've created & the stamp is lovely!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Dawn said...

Ooops, sorry! I've called you Jakie instead of Jackie! *blush* xx

TRACEY MO said...

Very pretty love the silhouette.


Thanks for joining us at inspiration destination

Tracey dt

Julie Schinkel said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. Best of luck with your entry and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Julie - DT Member