Followers

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Unicorn Challenge Blog - Inspired by a Nursery Rhyme or Fairy Tale

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? We are all back at work after our week off. It isn't long now until the school summer holidays.  We have just booked ourselves a holiday and it was a bargain. It needed to be what with a wedding to plan.

The first Tuesday of the month see the start of a new challenge on the Unicorn Challenge blog this will be our tenth challenge. The theme is to be inspired by a Nursery Rhyme or a Fairy Tale. My image comes from a children's story which is permissible too. He is the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland with his great big clock.


All the stamps I used are from Visible Image a small company based in Wales. To create the background I stamped the clock stamps with Perfect Medium and heat embossed them with a black sparkly embossing powder. Then I inked over the page with some Distress Inks. Finally I sprayed water all over the page and blotted it dry with some paper towel this tones down the colour. 


The White Rabbit was stamped with black archival ink onto water colour card and he was coloured with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. I covered the clock and the eye of the rabit with Glossy Accents. I stamped a separate clock and cut it out and that is also covered with Glossy Accents. The frame for the image was made with some of Sue Wilson's dies. 


The sentiment also comes from Visible Image I love the quirky font. 


The ribbon was in my stash. I enjoyed making this card they are fantastic stamps to use. 

Enjoy the rest of the week., I am hoping to get some crafting done. 

Take care.

Hugs Jackie

23 comments:

Lisa J said...

You never fail to surprise me with your ideas for the themes and this is no exception. Its brilliant. Lisa x

Shabneez said...

This is great Jackie - love the theme and your design. Shabneez xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Just this Jackie its a stunning design fabulous sorry not been around lately to comment on your fab cards seen loads on facebook but been on my hols for five weeks hope you are well and the wedding planning is good Love and hugs Carole x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Jackie gorgeous card and design
Gr Karin

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my, your White Rabbit is just adorable! Love all the clocks! Great card for Alice in Wonderland!

Sheila said...

Fab card x

Alison59 said...

Super designing Jackie - great card :-)

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a fabulous card Jackie. I love the backing paper you have created. Brilliant.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, love the white rabbit and the background is just great. Hugs Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Such a great image and detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Brawny x said...

Just fabulous Jackie. A great cardvx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That image is just super cute Jackie, lovely card design today!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Jackie, I love the image and the watches
Kevin xx

What I Created Next said...

Gorgeous. X

pam said...

Great image and fab colouring Jackie! love this beautiful frame and great background.
Hugs Pam x

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jackie, a lovely card and image. I love anything Alice In Wonderland and your white rabbit is just great.

Jade

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie...Brilliant card....just love the rabbit image and all the clocks....Joolsx

Unknown said...

Love Alice in Wonderland this is such a sweet white rabbit love the glossy accents on the watch Hugs xx

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card Jackie, fabulous image x

Katie said...

gorgeous card

Unknown said...

Ooh this is stunning Jackie. I love the image and your background is fabulous. Cathy x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work.

Dawn said...

Finally made it back to admire your latest work! This one is just too cute! That little bunny is just adorable! I love all the clocks too!
Hugs
Dawn xx