Followers

Thursday 2 June 2016

Tattered Lace - Victorian Swirl Embossing Folder and other dies.

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? We are still in Colchester. Today we went into Tiptree to visit the jam factory there my Facebook friends will know that we found the coffee shop. There was also a museum and a shop we even bought some presents for people. We finished the day looking round Colchester itself.

A few weeks back I was sent the Victorian Swirl Embossing folder,  the Flower Vase and the Fancy Card label Victorian Swirl die set to make samples for Tattered Lace for shows that will be screened today on Create and Craft TV.


This is all the samples I sent in. I rather liked the embossing folder so I made quite a few samples. Altogether I sent in five cards, two tags, a book mark and a gift bag. 

I think the Victorian Swirl embossing folder is a very elegant folder and it lends itself to being cut up to make different designs. I cut an A4 sheet of card at 16 cm length ways and this fitted just right in the embossing folder. I embossed several pieces of card then I cut them into three along the score lines and I mixed and matched the colours. 


The decoration on this gift bag is very simple but I think very stylish. 



 This was the first card I made. I had a commission wedding card that I had been struggling with. The colours for the wedding are the same as this card so once I had sent my samples in I used the embossing folder to make the card I had been putting off. The recipient was thrilled when I gave it to her. 


You can see the detail of the embossing folder in the background of this gate fold card. The dies in the middle are from the Fancy Card Label Victorian Swirl die set. 


A simple tag made with the embossing folder. 


I decided to make a bookmark with some of the leftovers from the embossing folder. 


I got this flower vase die as well. If you look carefully you can see the embossing folder in the background. 


I did like this die set I enjoyed playing around with the different layers. 


With the flower vase die it was so easy to remove the vase I knew I had to make a card with just the flowers. I cut the flowers out of white card and I coloured the flowers with my Promarkers.  I used the centre of the Fancy label die set for the sentiment. 


Here this the whole flower vase on a tag. 


I did enjoy making these samples.
 Today we are off to visit some family in Suffolk. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Such fabulous samples, especially taken with the red, gold and black, really striking. Hugs xx

Kay Dalton said...

beautiful samples x

Alison59 said...

Jackie, you are so talented and have a great imagination to make all these fab samples. I wouldn't know where to begin :-)

Lori Kobular said...

Each one is more beautiful then the next! Absolutely gorgeous!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous design, and cards and tags Jackie.
great colour combo
Gr Karin

Em Louise Fairley said...

Wow, Jackie! I love them all.
Hugs,
Em xxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous samples Jackie, I love that embossing folder and what you have achieved with it. Hugs Jennifer xx

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic samples! So many beautiful designs. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

pam said...

Beautiful samples Jackie, love the embossing folder and dies you have used.
Hugs
Pam x

Janet Packer said...

Fantastic samples Jackie - love that embossing folder!

karenlotty said...

Lovely samples I hope they get some decent air play They deserve to

Brawny x said...

Wow Jackie fabulous creations. X

Andree said...

Fabulous samples Jackie and great designs with the dies. Such a lot of work xx

Katie said...

Brilliant samples the collection is pretty

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

awesome new samples you make for this collection, I love those red/gold and black ones. Lush!

Dawn said...

What a stunning set of samples! I especially love the gold red & black ones!
HUgs
Dawn xx