Followers

Friday 3 June 2016

Creative Artiste - Heart Wall Hanging

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you have had a good week and are ready for the weekend. Today we will be travelling back from our short break. I hope that the traffic is kind to us.

Being the first Friday of the month there is a new challenge starting on the Creative Artiste Challenge blog and the theme this time is Anything Goes. Our sponsor this time is Foilplay.


I decided to decorate a small heart wall hanging. I started by painting the heart with white Gesso. I gave it a couple of hearts. When it was dry I used some decoupage glue to attach some tissue paper. I attached it as one piece and I was so pleased that I had used the Gesso on the wood as it really showed up the design on the tissue paper. I sanded the edges of the shape to remove the excess tissue. 


As I said at the top of this post Foilplay is the sponsor this month if you click on the logo you will be taken to their store. It is worth checking out they stock a lot of well known brands. 



I used a Dreamees stamp for the sentiment I stamped it in read to match the ribbon (which came with the heart). I cut it out with the centre die from one of my Sue Wilson die sets. All the flowers I had in my stash it was nice to have a project to use them on I attached them with a gell glue. The final touch was to add some lace around the edge of the heart. 


Here is the heart in place hanging in my lounge. I was really pleased with how this turned out and I enjoyed making it. 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

25 comments:

Alison59 said...

Oooooh Jackie fabulous :-)

Good luck with the traffic (esp the M25!)

Unknown said...

Beautiful wall hanger Jackie, gorgeous flowers. Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow so beautiful this wall hanger Jackie
Gr Karin

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. It must have pride of place in your lounge.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Shabneez said...

This is beautiful Jackie - love all the bright colours. Shabneez xxx

Kathy said...

What a stunning project, Jackie

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful wall hanging!!

Katie said...

Gorgeous wall hanging

Laine said...

Such a lovely project Jackie.
Laine
xx

Jan said...

Love it! xx Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful project, Jackie.
Hugs,
Em xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful heart wall hanger Jackie I like all the roses
Kevin xx

pam said...

Beautiful heart plaque Jackie, gorgeous decoration.
Pam x

Sheryl said...

Beautiful. I love all of the fantastic elements.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Unknown said...

Lovely bright and cheerful Jackie!

Brawny x said...

This is just lovely Jackie. Very pretty x

Unknown said...

WOWSER, Jackie, I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve, this wall hanging, hugs xxxx

ps noticed whilst doing comments that The Paper Shelter has a "flower everywhere" challenge going on at the minute...hugs xxxx

Unknown said...

WOWSER, Jackie, I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve, this wall hanging, hugs xxxx

ps noticed whilst doing comments that The Paper Shelter has a "flower everywhere" challenge going on at the minute...hugs xxxx

Wheelie Crafty said...

Woo Hoo Jackie, You have gone from strength to strength with Mixed Media, and I am loving the projects you are coming up with... Thank you so much for always being a 100% Team Player, and for this I thank you...

Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow this project is Beautiful, love the flowers and the colours.

Hugs Erin xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

such a pretty wall hanging Jackie

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie - this is a beautiful wall hanging. Love all the elements.
Hugs,
Bev x

KezzasCraft said...

Awesome I love what you have done!!
Hugs xx

Dawn said...

Such a pretty wall hanging Jackie! I love those flowers!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Stunning creation.

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz

Tracey DTxx